Fitness Freak w/ ADD: Advice for 2 Mo. Study Plan?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi there fellow GMATers and fitness lovers,

I spent the last year studying on and off. It was pretty intense the first month, then I burned out and only studied 2 hours a week until I took the test today.

I got a 570. I was furious (I rarely become angry) - Not at the test, but at myself for having let myself down. My low score ensured I have to put off applications for another year.

The major problem is that I'm a fitness freak and I also work full-time as a FA. I cycle long-distance once every weekend, cycle to/from work, weight lift twice a week for two hours per trip. I do not want to lose my physical endurance to study. I want to murder that GMAT on the 25th of Feb, so how can I best accomplish this?

So far, I'm planning to stick to a specific schedule when I get back from Vietnam on the 3rd:

Monday: Study 2 hours after work, gym for 1-2 hours
Tuesday: Study 2 hours after work, cycling for 1 hour
Wednesday: Study 2 hours after work, cycling for 1 hour
Thursday: Study 2 hours after work, gym for 1-2 hours
Friday: Study 2 hours after work, physical break
Saturday: Study for 3-4 hours at 9 AM, cycling for 4 hours
Sunday: PRACTICE EXAM at 9 AM, physical break

Is this doable? Will I be hurting myself by sticking to a very specific schedule? Does physical exhaustion play into mental exhaustion? How can I keep my brain effective enough after 9 hours of work every day in addition to 1-2 hours of exercise? Is exercising in the morning or evening better for your brain?

Thanks ahead of time for reading, and for your fitness enthusiasts whom managed to score well: congrats!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:740

by karanrulz4ever » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:45 pm
I know for certain that exercising with some meditation for 2 hrs in the morning helps both in work and in study. No doubt you can study without compromising on your lifestyle. You just need to fix a schedule and stick to it. An hour or two of study on weekdays and more on weekends is more than enough. Good Luck!