Help: 1 week left and my score is not improving

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
I have taken 3 practice tests, I have been studying for about 3 months now and my test is next week.
Test 1: 590 (Q 37, V 34)
Test 2: 580 (Q 41, V 29)
Test 3: 600 (Q 42, V 31)
My quant have improved but my verbal is worse! I still make dumb mistakes on sentence correction that I realize later when I see the OAs. Any tips or help that I can do to boost my verbal score before my test? I was aiming at 700 but I guess that's impossible now. Still I feel if i can match my verbal score to my quant I could get a respectable score.

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members

by Night reader » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:48 pm
phoenixhazard wrote:I have taken 3 practice tests, I have been studying for about 3 months now and my test is next week.
Test 1: 590 (Q 37, V 34)
Test 2: 580 (Q 41, V 29)
Test 3: 600 (Q 42, V 31)
My quant have improved but my verbal is worse! I still make dumb mistakes on sentence correction that I realize later when I see the OAs. Any tips or help that I can do to boost my verbal score before my test? I was aiming at 700 but I guess that's impossible now. Still I feel if i can match my verbal score to my quant I could get a respectable score.
the only means to reference your SC knowledge with the actually required content of SC section is to subscribe immediately for e-gmat. I can not guarantee 100% improvement within one week, because normally the express course is thee-week long. But still you can try to do the stuff there in one week (say 4 hours daily).

I am sure you will see at least 4 mistakes out of your final GMAT Verbal output-that's another 70 points since the Verbal counts heavier on the scaled score.

p.s. friendly, no affiliation with Payal or others in e-gmat; I've been using their course for 35 days now.