Got the worst score ever...350

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Got the worst score ever...350

by bksyed » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:18 pm
Hi all. I got the worst score ever. I have appeared 3 times on gmat and my scores have been the same. The first two times I took my actual exams I didnt study at all and scored.

test1: 330
test 2: 230

After a year, I decided to take classes at manhattan gmat and get some insight. After taking 9 study session and studying for over 6 months. Even when i was taking my practice test I would score in 440. Finally i got tired of the hopelessness and I took my final test.My scores were

test3: 350. (q 22, V 16)

I am wondering if there ever chance of improvement? or I should give up on mba.

Thanks

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by sosogmat » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:24 pm
Don't give up! Just practice practice practice...I saw my score jump from a 440 to 640. I bought mGMAT guides and did practice tests and studied answers to find connections between problems. Do you feel you understand why you get problems wrong?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by bksyed » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:58 am
Do u think after attempting 3 times there is hope??? Or it is a deeper problem?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by sosogmat » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:29 pm
Even after three times...but this time I wouldn't take the test again unless you're showing on your practice tests that you're scoring much higher. What did you make on your practice test before taking the real test.
Have you tried to analyze where you're going wrong? It seems like you probably need to start with the basics and really get them down good before doing anymore practice tests or anything else. Do you have MGMAT guides...I would highly suggest buying them and start with those questions and then move onto OG and try using an error log.