1 Month GMAT Study Plan

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

1 Month GMAT Study Plan

by usc278 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:53 pm
I'm going to be enrolling in a JD/MBA program and my school is kind enough to make me take the GMAT. I'm currently in my second year of law school and I got a 169 (97th percentile) when I took the LSAT so I'm not terribly worried about the verbal. The quant is a different story because even though I majored in finance in undergrad and did very well on the old SAT math (720), I haven't done any of this math since the SAT.

I only need between a 670 and a 690 on the test, and I was planning on doing the 1 month study plan but I messed up on my timing a bit and only left myself 23 days to study. My new plan is to do the full 1 month plan for the math and just do the plan from the 2 week study guide for the verbal because I have heard that aside from sentence correction, GMAT verbal is much easier than the LSAT. Have I left myself too little time? Should I bump the test back a week? Also, how much time should I be spending each day to study for the test? I won't be in school during this time but is 2 hours a day enough?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:740

by karanrulz4ever » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:47 am
Generally, one month prep for GMAT isn't enough,unless you are born to take the GMAT. But there are exceptions. Considering you are well off in verbal, I think you do have a chance. Study a bit more than 2 hrs a day though. Practice all types of quant questions.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by usc278 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:19 pm
I think I'm going to delay my test date about 10 days. That way I can take a few days off between school and gmat studying. Also, better to do the test right the first time then have to retake.

Have people had success learning or relearning the Quant with that 1 month plan?