And the Verdict is --- GUILTY

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:680

And the Verdict is --- GUILTY

by Taran » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:07 pm
Hey Guys,

Yep !!! GMATPrep is guilty. It just roughly manhandled me yesterday evening but because i was smart, i learnt one thing or two while i was being manhandled :)

First things First, IT KICKED ME BIG TIME FOR RUNNING OUT OF TIME. I was only able to finish 21 questions in Quant which certainly led to that measly 22 in Quant. Out of the 21s i did, only 15 were correct. Out of the 6 incorrect ones, 5 were actually the first 5 questions the test threw at me. In verbal too, i was slow but just to avoid running out of time, i guessed atleast 7 - 8 questions without even looking at the question. Out of the 41 verbal questions, only 28 were correct and again 6 out of the incorrect ones were actually the first 6 questions.

I scored 510 (Q 23, V 32).

Ohh not to mention, these scores are without even attempting the AWA :(

Any suggestions on what my strategy should be for the remaining 3 months ???

by Woozler » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:14 pm
Answering all the questions is more important than answering as many correctly as you can. The penalty for unanswered questions is very stiff, as you now know.

What's your math background? My only suggestion is getting out those old algebra 1 and geometry books and redoing them. Find sets of problems and do them. Do all the math exercises in all the GRE and GMAT books you can find. Manhattan, Novas' math bibles, etc.

GMAT Score:680

by Taran » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:37 pm
Hey Woozler,

Thanks for replying. I am an Engineer by profession -- I hope your eyebrow isnt raised wondering how can his maths be weak. I guess i havent really practiced my brain to think quickly on these questions. I tried to go fast initially and panicked. That resulted in 6 straight wrong answers. Then i caught some breath and solved 14 straight correct ones - but then took too much time doing them correct. So i defintely need loads of quant practice.

My test is on 26 Feb next year. So roughly under 3 months. Im planning to take another test on 25th Dec to check out how much i will improve till then. Any advice as to how i can improve my timing in the next 3 weeks?