Already exhaused most tests. What now?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:770

Already exhaused most tests. What now?

by rockon4gmat » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:37 pm
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some good full length CAT GMAT tests online, paid or free doesnt matter, as long as they're good. For me, good means something similar to MGMAT and GMATPrep, so would love to solve something similar to these.

I've already exhausted
Kaplan(6 tests),
MGMAT(6 tests),
GMATPrep(2 tests),
PowerPrep(2 tests)

I still have another 12 days to go for my GMAT.. Can anyone please suggest any other good CAT GMAT practice tests, free or otherwise?

Eagerly awaiting response :)

P.S.: Please dont comment saying, "you're so stupid to exhaust all tests 12 days before exam", coz I already know its quite dumb to do so :P

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:740

by humblebee » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:04 am
Believe it or not it's not about the quantity of CATs that you do from now - unless you're working purely on timing.

For Quant
Go back and re-do all the hard OG questions - right now it's about doing them in different ways, and seeing which way is the quickest.

For Verbal
SC - it's about identifying the concept tested and quickly.
CR - can't really work on.
RC - you taking notes? How good is your shorthand?
wannabe business school consultant

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:740

by zorya » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:05 am
I agree with what humblebee says.
Though if you really want to do more tests, you could try the Veritas Prep and the Knewton free practice tests, I felt they were pretty decent! Links to the right on the BTG page(Free GMAT Prep resources tab).
My GMAT score: 740 [Q:48, V:42]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:770

by rockon4gmat » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:30 am
Hi humblebee and zorya,

Thanks for your inputs. Took the free Knewton test today. Yes, it was quite good, especially for Verbal.

I agree that now is the time to consolidate everything learnt over the past few months, and to go over all the mistakes to prevent them from happening again. I've already started going through the OG questions again.

The reason I wanted some more tests was that, after a lot of practice, I've finally started completing Verbal section on time, and I don't want to go backwards on that.. But I guess I'm just being over-anxious with the test so close. Just 10 more days left. I hope everything goes well. Wish me luck guys!!! :)