Question about Admission Chances

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Question about Admission Chances

by gmatapplicant07 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:38 pm
Stacy- I would like you to evaluate my profile. I apologize for my lengthy questions.

- 3 years of solid work experience from top strategy consulting firm
- 3.6 GPA from UC Berkeley, Haas School of Business (Undergraduate program)
- Strong extracurriculars and focus on essay topics and reason for wanting to get an MBA
- GMAT 1: 640, A.W. 6; GMAT 2: 570 A.W. 5.5 (there are many excuses I could give for the second score but in short I must take the blame. I felt poorly before and during the exam and it was wrong judgement not to cancel. Very poor performance on the quant portion....basically panicked during a string of difficult questions and lost confidence to soon)

Here are my questions.
1. Do I have a fair chance to be accepted to the following schools?
- Berkeley, Haas
- UCLA, Anderson
- Georgetown, McDonough
- NYU, Stern

2. How do these schools view re-applicants? I am logical about my options and just concerned that if I re-apply if I dont get in how will they view it?

3. What are your thoughts about a pass at the exam for a third time? All the schools I list note that they will view the highest score rather than the average but I am not sure how they will view a lower score a second attempt.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge on this topic. The assistance you give is invaluable as we go through this long and grueling process of applying and working full time.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:30 am
1) I think you have a very good chance at these schools, based on the information you have supplied.
2) You should apply when you are most prepared, but none of these schools will frown upon a reapplication. The key will be to show that you made progress during the year between applications.
3) I definitely suggest taking the test a third time.
Good luck!
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me