700 Q48 V 36 AWA 5.5/6.. RON PUREWAL..THANKS

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
LUNAR POWER aka RON PUREWAL where are u.. I LOVE U MAN.. but whoa.. am straight;) seriously i don think i would have ever got this score without u.. thanks a ton ron..
Heres a man who scored a sub 500 in his diagnostic test.. a sub 20 in his verbal and has reached this score.. thanks..
2 ppl i owe a ton.. RON and ma FIANCEE.. thx to both u guys..
ah.. finally wanted to write this.. actually i thought ill write it if id get over a 700.. but man.. t things i went thru b4 t exams.. tot ill put it here jus in case it wud b o help to some1..

Am Shoib.. one o t silent btg members who found most o his questions answered in this forum. so i was more than happy to jus read thru them..

Wel t reason am writing this is to let u know some o t basic things for fools like me.. who din bother to check names while they apply for the GMAT exam..
20hrs before the exam i realised the name in my gmat form and the passport is totally different.. typical south indian name confusion..(GOD I HATE THIS).. anyway..
After this i called upto t pearson centre in bangalore.. they gave me a noida number.. who said its not poss to change the name because the profile was already locked. and i was like.. man.. gone gone.. al ma preparations dusted..
Then i asked them if i cud do somethin, they reported this incident for name change and gave me an american number and said only t program coordinator, if he wishes can change the profile. o.wise i may have to forego the exam..
i tried calling them but their working hours is 12 hrs delayed.. they start workin oly from 1900 hrs IST.
i was gone.. ma fiancee was eggin me on durin this time.. it was her who was tellin me to keep it goin not to give up and stuff.. pretty filmy it mite sound.. but blimey.. it din sound lik tat then.. (neither does it nw)
Then by 2300 hrs IST finally got em.. they wanted a scanned copy of ma passport and then i sent them that.. after nearly 1hr o phone conversation with them at 0300 hrs on ma test day.. i finally confirmed that i was indeed going to write the test..they managed to change my name finally..(Hoorah hoorah:):):))

TEST DAY
but whoa.. i realised after this tat ma exam was at 0900 t next day and i better sleep.. heavy rain.. in t morn.. bad sleep.. headache and vommiting and traffic jams.. i din give up.. i jus went ahead jus wit a sheer determination that i had to beat the gmat.. al i was thinkin was t magical number 700.. my fiancee.. my parents.. god.. and ron too.. ah.. am a huge fan o RON-The king o GMAT..AL hail the KING.. blimey am not his publicity agent...

I went ahead reached just on time and took ma test al wet wet.. then wen i went with al ma things ready checkin started.. i was thinkin i will be forced to remove ma shirt too..;);) such was the frisking dr..anyway..went in started with the essay..was good.. i liked t essay tat i wrote..surprisingly..

Q-SECTION
I was quite reasonable at quants.. but t first coordiante geometry question.. i was lik.. bowled.. first ball duck.. i wastd close to 7min on it.. no answer.. picked a random option and went ahead.. next question.. probability.. golden pair..;);) i hated probability btw.. i tot ok.. this is not ma day..i continued and then found questions to be really easy.. t best part was after one point i felt relaxed and i felt i was working with t gmat prep software.. i finished this section wit 3 seconds left.. no guesses... was quite happy wit the way i finished..

V-SECTION
Ah.. nw.. this is wr i was scared.. but surpisingly.. i was comfortable doin it.. it was very much like the gmat prep software.. t last 10 questions wr a pain.. i cudn focus much.. o.wise prolly a couple o points wud have been amazing.. but NO REGRETS... am happy..

PREPS:
AH.. this is wen RON PUREWAL takes spl mention..to every person who wants to improve his score.. don miss this guys explanations on any o t forums.. thanks man.. u deserve a truck ful o beer from ma side
other preps include pretty much t usual

I din take t MGMAT tests thou.. rest was pretty much t same

GMAT PREP1 620
GMAT PREP2 640
KAPLAN1 590
KAPLAN 2 600
K3 610
GPREP RETAKE 630
GPREP RETAKE 2 660
I worked for some 4months amidst working at office and dedicated fiancee time..;)
finished it.. happy for nw..MASHA ALLAH.. lets see wat god has in store for me.. wat say guys?? wat b schools u think i shud b applyin.. 3yrs workex

P.S: Shovan.. thx to u too man.. and kvpck too.. hope i got it rite.. t one who has a gmat book on his head.. tat guy.. thanks to both o u guys too.. shovan u had it on nov 2 i rmbr.. wat hpnd??am sure u mus have done wel.. atb for ya admissions man..
Forget the ambiguous pronouns.. parallelism.. modifiers.. ets.. am done wit gmat atleast for nw.. hope al u guys do it wel.. love u al.. thanks btg for this wonferful forum.. and ya MGMAT forum too. its a must.. ok.. i better stop.. ciao...

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by [email protected] » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:48 am
guys sorry its a long debrief.. don have to waste time readin it.. jus wanted to tel u so tat it mite b o some help to u guys.. plus i was also excited.. thx..