GMAT Prep essays

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT Prep essays

by GMAT750 » Mon May 14, 2007 1:44 pm
Does anyone know if you can view your Gmat Prep essays once you have taken the mock exam?

I was hoping to re-read my essays, but after I finished Gmat Prep, I was only allowed to view my Quant/Verbal scores.

Thanks!

same question

by tahirb7 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:31 am
Anyone know the answer to this? Is it possible to view the GMAT Prep essays that were completed as part of the CAT after the test is complete?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: same question

by beatthegmat » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:07 pm
tahirb7 wrote:Anyone know the answer to this? Is it possible to view the GMAT Prep essays that were completed as part of the CAT after the test is complete?
Unfortunately, I don't think you can re-read your GMATPrep essays--when I was playing with the software a few years ago, I remember this same frustration!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by parore26 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:28 am
There is one laborious method of doing this. If GMATPrep was installed in C:\Program Files\GMATPrep. Then look at the folder under this directory called Exams. This should have two files called Practice Test 1. txt This file contains your answer selections and it also has the essay data. Unfortunately, each keyboard action is represented in a line. So let's say you typed in the word "For" The text file would contain three lines :

Some Descriptive Text : F
" : o
" : r

It also captures key actions such as back-space etc. Personally, I don't think it is worth the effort but this is something you can try.

Good Luck.

by tahirb7 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:08 pm
thanks guys. definately not worth the time. i'll focus on the parts schools actually look at. one week to go...