1000 CR TESTC no 19

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

1000 CR TESTC no 19

by magical cook » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:27 pm
Hi,

The answer is B but I thought the answer shold be either A or E since they need to assure product's support. Also, I am a bit confused by the meaning of B - dose it basically mean potential customer knows how to use it??

Manufacturers of household appliances are still urging the public to purchase food processors. The various manufacturers’ advertisements all point out that the prices of these appliances are now lower than ever and that each food processor comes with a lifetime service warranty. In addition, many manufacturers offer sizable rebates to customers who purchase food processors within a given time period. With these incentives, the advertisements contend, people can hardly afford not to purchase food processors.

Which answer choice is a logically prior issue that the manufacturers’ advertisements fail to address?

(A) Whether the cost of repairs to the food processors over the years will cancel out the savings currently being offered
(B) Whether potential customers have enough uses for food processors to justify purchasing them
(C) Whether the heads of the companies manufacturing food processors own food processors themselves
(D) Whether the food processors currently being advertised will be outdated within the next five years
(E) Whether accessories and replacement parts will be readily available at retail outlets

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:07 pm
The main objective of advertisements is to attract costomers and convince them about the products' requirement.
(B) clearly wins.

for A: Its the least likely answer for me. since ads have talked enough about cost of repairs when it said lifetime service warranty.

"Which answer choice is a logically prior issue that the manufacturers’ advertisements fail to address?"

Followed by:1 members

by magical cook » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:58 am
Thanks - I see now "lifetime service" should cover A and E; therefore the answer should be B.

Thanks!

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by Cybermusings » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:19 am
The entire argument is trying to justify the purchase of a food processor for the common customer. However, it misses a critical point. The audience may or may not be in need of the food processor in the first place. If the customer doesn't need one then no amount of price slashing will help to increase the sales

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by me10gmat800 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:26 am
Reopening this ques after long time...

I am not much convinced with OA - B as the question asks:

"Which answer choice is a logically prior issue that the manufacturers' advertisements fail to address?"

Where is the "Prior" Issue addressed in the Option B? I chose Option E as the replacements and accessories could be the "Prior Issues".

Could someone pls clear my doubt?

by this_time_i_will » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:25 am
me10gmat800 wrote:Reopening this ques after long time...

I am not much convinced with OA - B as the question asks:

"Which answer choice is a logically prior issue that the manufacturers' advertisements fail to address?"

Where is the "Prior" Issue addressed in the Option B? I chose Option E as the replacements and accessories could be the "Prior Issues".

Could someone pls clear my doubt?
The customer is getting lifetime warranty. So why would he be worried about accessories and spares.
The ads did not address the issue whether the appliance is required or not.