Darden, Tuck, Duke Admissions

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Darden, Tuck, Duke Admissions

by jsche229 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:46 pm
I am a 27 year old who graduated from the University of South Carolina with a 3.6 in Hotel Management. Upon graduation, I was accepted into the management training program with Marriott International. Over the next three years I was promoted numerous times, eventually settling upon a role as a director of room for a mid size property ($24 million in revenue for my department) in the Ritz Carlton brand. Over the past few years I have served in the United States Tennis Association as part of the urban activism program. I am moderately fluent in Mandarin Chinese and just scored a 700 (42 V, 46 Q) on the GMAT. I am planning on taking it again, if necessary, and I believe that a 700-710 is do able, although not statistically different. Post-MBA, I would like to move into a strategy consulting firm. What would be my chances of admittance to Darden, Tuck and Duke. Thanks for your time.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:47 pm
Your chances should be quite good if you are able to assemble a strong application package. Depending on when you plan to apply, your time will be better spent working on essays and interview prep than trying to add another 10 points to your GMAT score. Also, Veritas Prep has comprehensive school reports that you can download (for FREE) here ------> https://www.veritasprep.com/business-sch ... l-reports/
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options