Good Books for Verbal especially SC

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Good Books for Verbal especially SC

by gmatcurious » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:13 am
I've just started to prepare for GMAT and don't really have a strategy yet, but i'm planning to give it in late spring or early summer of 08, which gives me plenty of time to prepare. I started with the GMAT guide and found that I'm very weak in Verbal, especially SC. I want to find out good grammer books that will help build a stong foundation, which not only help me in GMAT but also improve the quality of my writing in general. since I have time I can afford to spend a little on clearing some fundamentals. I would rate my grammer knowledge below average so please suggest books that assumes no prior knowledge of grammer rules.
If you can, please provide pros and cons of each book so that I can evaluate which one is best for me.
many thanks
ps

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Auzbee » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:52 am
Gmatcurious,
Check out the recommended books on the BTG Resources page https://www.beatthegmat.com/books.html

One of the most useful book especially for SC is the Manhattan SC Guide.

As far as English Grammar goes, my suggestion would be to use books that are based on American Grammar. You should find plenty of these that are used in School/Colleges.

All the best for your prep.