knewton-vr 7

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

knewton-vr 7

by pradeepkaushal9518 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:58 am
During a prolonged period of decreased sales, the management of a chain of retail electronics stores plans to increase profits by instituting a 30 percent price increase on all of its merchandise in its stores nationwide. Even though this plan goes against the traditional relationship between price and demand, the regional managers believe that it will succeed.

The management's plan to increase profits relies on which of the following assumptions?

A A larger retail chain will continue to take a large percentage of business away from the chain's stores nationwide.
B Special promotions and financing options will attract budget-conscious consumers.
C The increase in profit made on merchandise sold will more than compensate for any drop in sales that may result from the price increase.
D A computer company is about to introduce a new computer model that is less costly for retail stores to keep in stock.
E The chain's regional branches will have to raise prices whenever new products are introduced.
A SMALL TOWN GUY

Legendary Member

by goyalsau » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:22 am
pradeepkaushal9518 wrote:During a prolonged period of decreased sales, the management of a chain of retail electronics stores plans to increase profits by instituting a 30 percent price increase on all of its merchandise in its stores nationwide. Even though this plan goes against the traditional relationship between price and demand, the regional managers believe that it will succeed.

The management's plan to increase profits relies on which of the following assumptions?

A A larger retail chain will continue to take a large percentage of business away from the chain's stores nationwide.
B Special promotions and financing options will attract budget-conscious consumers.
C The increase in profit made on merchandise sold will more than compensate for any drop in sales that may result from the price increase.
D A computer company is about to introduce a new computer model that is less costly for retail stores to keep in stock.
E The chain's regional branches will have to raise prices whenever new products are introduced.
Answer of this Question is C
This has been discussed earlier, I am sorry i don't have the link but i have solved it earlier in BTG that's why i remember I am sure some body will definitely post the link.

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by pradeepkaushal9518 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:28 am
may be. i also have choosen C
A SMALL TOWN GUY

Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

by diebeatsthegmat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:55 am
pradeepkaushal9518 wrote:During a prolonged period of decreased sales, the management of a chain of retail electronics stores plans to increase profits by instituting a 30 percent price increase on all of its merchandise in its stores nationwide. Even though this plan goes against the traditional relationship between price and demand, the regional managers believe that it will succeed.

C is correct. this one is also like the CR question in OG 11... dun remember surely

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:570

by reply2spg » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:30 am
C makes sense here
Sudhanshu
(have lot of things to learn from all of you)