Help Needed. Please evaluate

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Help Needed. Please evaluate

by chargal » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:03 pm
Hello,

Have taken GMAT thrice but ended up with 630 for last one and 620 for the previous.

Background Info about me:

GMAT (630) - Q49, V27
TOEFEL - Yet to be taken
Nationality: Indian
Total Work Ex - 6 years
International Ex - 4 + years (In United States)
GRAD GPA - 3.3/4.0
Industry - IT
Awards from the Employer

Education:
Grad: BE (University 9th rank)

Extra Curricular Activities:
- Fund Raising Volunteer for India based NGO and Running for a cause in US for last 4 years
- Volunteer for an Adult Literacy Programme in US
- Involved in Technical Symposium/Paper Presentation Winner during Bachelor's Degree
- Organized Cultural events and Technical events during Grad.
- Involved in Cultural events in US - Dancing for Indian Festival

Initially my target was 700+ for GMAT and to hit on top-ranked schools. But with the present low score, I am kinda taking a step back and looking for optimistic target schools.

I am fine for US/UK/Europe and kinda OK for 1 year or 2 year, since I knew I have to compromise on certain criteria because of the low score

Please let me know what would be the target schools I can think of with the above profile. Any help is highly appreciated !!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:35 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your post. Given your GMAT score, you are correct that a top program will indeed be a challenge, however, you do have other strengths such as your work experience and extracurricular activities that will be great in your applications. I encourage you to do some research on schools in the top 30 paying particular attention to their average GMAT score as well as their course offerings. Think about your post MBA goals and see how they align with the different programs. You may also wish to think about other things such as location (city or small town), weather, and class size. All these can greatly influence where you apply.

Regards,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.