My startegy!!Eric can you please answer.

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

My startegy!!Eric can you please answer.

by arjunnattar » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:41 am
Hi there,

Went out today and got 2 more books the Princeton 2007 edition with DVD and the Kaplan GMAT 2007 edition.Now my tally of books the GMAT Premier edition,Princeton and Kaplan.

I have already gone through the princeton which was an Old book.I have gone through the Sentence Correction part and found that was actually a good selection.But as far as i am concerned i found it difficult to check all the tricks in their Plan A.I dont think we wil find time to check for all the errors rather it is a better option to check the answers and fighure the error.But still i am fresh to this and i would like to hear your inputs.If we keep practising the Plan A for SC recommendd by Princeton is it worth a try?

Since i have enough time to prepare i have devised a strategy for studying.Please post your valuable comments?Here we go.

1.First start With Verbal part (No great liking)since i am comparatively weaker .I have selected SC since i feel that RC anc CR will be comparatively easier.I will start with Princeton and then move on to kaplan and then Premier edition for Practice since there will be a lot Questions?After SC move on to Cr and tehn RC.

2.After finshing of Math section prepare for Essays.

Please pour in your comments if this would suffice.

regs,
Arjun
Warm regs,
Arjun

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
arjunnattar wrote:Hi there,

I have already gone through the princeton which was an Old book.I have gone through the Sentence Correction part and found that was actually a good selection.But as far as i am concerned i found it difficult to check all the tricks in their Plan A.I dont think we wil find time to check for all the errors rather it is a better option to check the answers and fighure the error.But still i am fresh to this and i would like to hear your inputs.If we keep practising the Plan A for SC recommendd by Princeton is it worth a try?

Since i have enough time to prepare i have devised a strategy for studying.Please post your valuable comments?Here we go.

1.First start With Verbal part (No great liking)since i am comparatively weaker .I have selected SC since i feel that RC anc CR will be comparatively easier.I will start with Princeton and then move on to kaplan and then Premier edition for Practice since there will be a lot Questions?After SC move on to Cr and tehn RC.

2.After finshing of Math section prepare for Essays.

Please pour in your comments if this would suffice.

regs,
Arjun
Arjun,
I initially started with Kaplan prep. It was difficult for me early on to spot errors without looking at the answer choices. In fact even till my GMAT test day I used to catch some issues only after looking at the answer choices.

However, I would suggest that you try to identify all the issues before looking at the answer choices. Over a period of time you will get used to this method. Then it will become much more eaiser to spot the errors. On the other hand, if you use the answer choices to pick the better one you will get confused most of the time.

I followed the first strategy (identify issues before looking at answer choices) during my prep, and it worked well for me. Initially I took longer time to answer SC questions. Later on I improved my speed.

As for the general prep strategy, it varies from person to person. I would suggest that you read many debriefing's and come up with a plan that suits you best. But one thing you have to do is always keep practicing other questions when you are preparing one subject area. Your skills will become rustic with longer breaks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:18 pm
Great advice, rajs.kumar!

I agree that GMAT study strategy varies by the person. For an example of how I prepared my GMAT strategy, I recommend that you read through my blog: https://beatthegmat.blocked

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Thanks!!

by arjunnattar » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:07 am
Rajs.Kumar and Eric,

thanks a lot for our valuable advice.yea even i thought i should Start with Plan A as given By PR.Thanks alot and i will keep buzzing you always.

Regs,
Arjun
Warm regs,
Arjun

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:11 am
Best of luck and please keep us updated!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school