Profile evaluation for non-US MBA school applicant

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi all -

I took my GMAT last week and scored a 690 (Q48, V38) after scoring a 550 (Q35, V30) on my first attempt 1 year ago with an AWA score of 5 for both attempts.

I'm a chemical engineering graduate from a Tier 1 US school with a GPA of 3.38. I've been working in pharma for the past 5 years in process development. I'm an international applicant to three of the following schools:

1) Cambridge Judge
2) INSEAD
3) Melbourne Business School

I'm involved in the Toastmasters club and is active in worked related professional societies.

I realize that the majority of the questions here as geared towards US b-schools so I'm wondering if there is anyone here who can provide an assessment of my listed qualifications. Thanks in advance.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:24 am
Dear jayel,

Applicant evaluations at EU and Australian programs are not that different from US schools. It will be important for you to convey through your applications not only a solid rationale for an MBA in relation to your past experience and future career goals, but also why you feel these schools are the right match for you. Your GMAT and GPA are competitive. You have enough work experience, but I can't comment on the quality based on your post. It will be important for you to show you have progressed in your career, gaining a breadth and depth of experience in your field. Likewise, you will want to select the right leadership and teamwork examples for your essays and interviews.

Best of luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by jayel » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:46 am
Thanks for the insight, Lisa.