OG Verbal- still getting most of the questions wrong :(

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hi Friends,

These days I'm solving questions in OG Verbal section from last month.
still, I'm getting around 60-70% questions wrong most of the times
:(

In this situation, What I should do, should I go back to some other book and revise my basics /Clear the concepts and then come to OG

OR

even if the questions are getting wrong I should still stick with OG.I have already completed Kaplan Comprehensive once. As my GMAT is on 26 th JAN, I have very less time in hand so, I’m planning to complete entire OG 3 times before doing anything else.

Please suggest the right strategy
Thanks,
Ajay

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

by mayonnai5e » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:46 am
Getting 60-70% of the questions wrong is a very low hit rate. You need to analyze the reasons for your mistakes before you can find a good strategy to overcome your mistakes. It's not clear from your post where the real problems lie.

Are you having difficulties understanding the vocabulary?
Are the sentences too complex for your understanding?
Are you making silly mistakes and moving too quickly through the questions? Or perhaps you do not understand the attack strategies well enough?
In addition, what areas in particular are you having trouble with? CR? RC? SC?
Are you missing 60-70% of the questions in the beginning (where the questions are easy) or in the end (where they are very hard)?

You must evaluate where you are going wrong before you can attempt to figure out how to go right.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/my-blog-erro ... t4899.html
550 =\ ...560 =\... 650 =) ...570 =( ...540 =*( ...680 =P ... 670 =T ...=T... 650 =T ...700 =) ..690 =) ...710 =D ...GMAT 720 DING!! ;D

Learn more about me