GMAT score change?

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT score change?

by bjm8 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:56 pm
Not sure where in the forum to ask this... I guess this is the best place:

Has anyone ever had (or heard of) the GMAT scores on the Math and Verbal sections changing from the Unofficial report generated at the end of the test to the Official Report given ~ 1 month later?

Community Manager

by ianstrike » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:44 pm
I certainly haven't. (Is there a particular reason that you are asking? ie have you heard something?)
Ian Streicher

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

Re: GMAT score change?

by aim-wsc » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:22 pm
bjm8 wrote:
Has anyone ever had (or heard of) the GMAT scores on the Math and Verbal sections changing from the Unofficial report generated at the end of the test to the Official Report given ~ 1 month later?

NO.
your score never changes but %tile can change
i hv heard it.

edit: oops sorry suggested wrong link.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by bjm8 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:39 am
Thanks for the replies!

No, I haven't heard of this ever happening. The reason I ask is that I've been contacting B-schools, and they have been asking for GMAT scores prior to receiving my Offical Score Report. The last thing I'd want is to claim one score, and have the Official Report say something else. So I wanted to get some confidence that there wouldn't be any surprises when my Offical Report arrives.