Manhattan GMAT online Live - Dec 2010 to Feb 2011

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I am interested in enrolling for MGMAT Online Live course some time during Dec 2010 - Feb 2011 time frame and I have a few questions regarding the same.

1. The calender does not show information regarding courses scheduled during that time frame. Are sessions planned during the holiday season?

2. Do you plan to have Big discounts on account of holidays? One can be hopeful, Its Christmas afterall :D

3. I have purchased the GMAT strategy guides 4th Ed - all 8 of them, including the OG companion. Will the cost of the books be reduced from the overall course fee?

4. I need to schedule GMAT for early next year. When do you suggest I enroll for the exams, after completing the course?

5. I live in India. Will there be a class available for me to take during the weekends specially considering the time difference?

6. I have all the guides. Do you suggest I prepare well before hand to be able to cope with the course? Is prior knowledge required?

7. And finally, a question related to GMAT. When is the ideal time to give GMAT such that I can apply for fall 2012?

Thanks,
Archana

Official Company Rep

by mgmat-caitlin » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:30 pm
Hi Archana,

Thanks for your interest in our courses! I'm happy to answer your questions:
1. The calender does not show information regarding courses scheduled during that time frame. Are sessions planned during the holiday season?
We only post courses a few months in advance. We'll definitely be having classes Dec - Feb, (though, since they're federal holidays, they'd skip Christmas and New Year's day). Keep an eye on the site and we'll update the schedule a little further in the future.
2. Do you plan to have Big discounts on account of holidays? One can be hopeful, Its Christmas afterall
You never know! One can be hopeful, though we do offer our own Beat the GMAT discount that's always good!
3. I have purchased the GMAT strategy guides 4th Ed - all 8 of them, including the OG companion. Will the cost of the books be reduced from the overall course fee?
yes. The books are included in the cost of the course, so we can give you book credits for the books you have, charge you less for the class accordingly, and just not ship you the books you already have. (In this case, we would ship you the OG, OG verbal and OG quant as well as Foundations of GMAT Math, the Test Simulation Booklet and a stopwatch.)
4. I need to schedule GMAT for early next year. When do you suggest I enroll for the exams, after completing the course?
It depends on how much free time you have during the class itself. The course has about 10-15 hours of homework a week, so if you're able to keep up with the workload, you should be good to take the exam 2-3 weeks after the class (so you give yourself a little time to review) but if you find that you're having trouble keeping up with the workload, we suggest 1-2 months to go back and catch up so you have a good grasp of the content before taking the test.
5. I live in India. Will there be a class available for me to take during the weekends specially considering the time difference?
We schedule our Live Online classes at a variety of times specifically so that people in different time zones can take them. I know we've had many Indian students take our Live Online classes in the past, so chances are you will be able to find one that fits your schedule.
6. I have all the guides. Do you suggest I prepare well before hand to be able to cope with the course? Is prior knowledge required?
No prior knowledge is required. In fact, the first and only thing we tell you to do before the class is take one of our complete CATs, and, if you're feeling uncertain on your math skills, take our math diagnostic test to see if you need some foundations (you can find that here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/foundations-math.cfm) Otherwise, feel free to peruse your books, though you'll probably find that you're ahead of the class if you do.
7. And finally, a question related to GMAT. When is the ideal time to give GMAT such that I can apply for fall 2012?
We actually have a timeline that answers this question very well: https://www.manhattangmat.com/bschool-timeline.cfm

Feel free to email us at [email protected] with more questions!

Best Wishes,
Caitlin Clay
Caitlin Clay
Student Services, Manhattan GMAT