Guarantee

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:760

Guarantee

by barcebal » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 pm
If I haven't taken the GMAT, what test is the guarantee based on?

Do I have to pay before I take the test that the guarantee will be based on. For example, can the guarantee be based on the free CAT that you offer?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Hi Barcebal,

Your gyarantee will be based on the diagnostic you'll get when you sign up.
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by prospective11 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:23 pm
Barcebal- Read the fine print before you sign up for Kaplan/consider the Higher Score Guarantee. It is a lot more complicated to redeem than the Kaplan employees let on. I think someone said other test prep services offer a more straightforward guarantee (eg. 50 points better of your money back) Research carefully and good luck!

You can read the full debrief of my latest classroom experience here:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/kaplan-is-a- ... 43787.html

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 pm
Hi Prospective,

I'm very sorry that you had a negative experience with Kaplan, but you've left out some of the details from your post in our forums, I'm assuming that you didn't pay for your second course--rather, that you applied for the 'Readiness' portion of Kaplan's Higher Score Guarantee to re-take the course. This alone is something many other test-prep companies wouldn't allow! Our competitors often require an official GMAT score to qualify for their guarantee, meaning you would have been forced to take the test three years ago and mar your permanent record with a score you weren't prepared for.

Unfortunately, this did disqualify you from the Money-Back portion of the guarantee. However, I fail to see how this is 'complicated' 'fine print'. We do make it clear that, although our guarantee is the best in the business, it does have conditions: one of them is that you complete all your required work, and another is that you can only qualify for it once. Again, I apologize if for some reason it wasn't clear to you. But Kaplan didn't become the world leader in test preparation by swindling its students; the reason we are the largest test prep company is because we have a proven track record of personalized learning, taught by top-rated teachers and with a great guarantee.
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage