Issue with GMATPrep software installation

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Issue with GMATPrep software installation

by surajgarg » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:33 am
I tried installing the GMATPrep software from www.mba.com but I always get the below error.

Does anyone what could be the issue?

Pls help, I have my GMAT on monday, 16th August and would like to practice the two tests.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by JGoode » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 am
Are you logged in as the administrator of your machine or does your Windows account have admin rights; without either of these there is a possibility of attempts to install programs will be denied by Windows.

Also, have you tried installing GMATPrep on other machines and do you get the same error?

Lastly, the error states it's a "read me" only one, there is the chance that the program did actually install. Have you checked to see whether GMATPrep is located in "C:\Program Files\GMATPrep\" directory? If so then click start, select run and copy paste the following (including the " " speech marks):

"C:\Program Files\GMATPrep\jre\bin\javaw.exe" -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -ms64m -mx256m -jar "C:\Program Files\GMATPrep\lib\GMATPrep.jar" "C:\Program Files\GMATPrep"

That will run GMATPrep automatically directly from the start/run location.

Hope this helps!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by fiusiibyead » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:31 am
I had the same problem, and here's what I did to solve it:

While the installation process is stuck at whatever stage, select the newly added start menu entry for GMATPrep. Do this WHILE the stalled installation screen is active, not after you've ended the process. All you have to do is click on the start menu icon for GMATPrep, and the installation process completes itself.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:27 pm
If all else fails, I'd use a family member of friend's computer. The GMATPrep's are too valuable to pass up. If you really can't install them -- you can find many files with GMATPrep questions available free online, such as the ones I've attached, but the actual timed tests are best.
Attachments
GMATPREP COMPREHENSIVE RC.pdf
(1022.81 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
GMATPREP COMPREHENSIVE RC OA.pdf
(730.01 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)