I got 660 in GMAT :( Should I appear again?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:8 members

I got 660 in GMAT :( Should I appear again?

by mlsaha » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:39 am
Hi,

I appeared for Gmat yesterday and i got 660.

I couldnt manage my time in maths somehow and thought i had screwed it badly. Got disheartened and screwed my Verbal too. In the end I got Maths: 48 and English 33

Should I appear for GMAT again or should I go ahead and apply with this score itself.

I have 3 years of experience as a software test professional and working for a MNC in India.
I have done my graduation in Maths but cleared in 2nd division with a break in between (I was suffering from a major disease and couldnt appear for an examination)
I have done my MSC in Computer Application .

I have strong co-curricular background with 6 years of dance training. Few certificates in Fine Arts and Yoga.

Please suggest.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:20 pm
Dear mlsaha,

For someone who did not manage time well, your score is not too shabby. While I can understand you felt you could do better and got frustrated, a 660 is a good place to start and not a horrible score to have in your back pocket. Whether or not to retake depends on several variables, mainly the schools you are targeting and how the rest of your profile looks (especially in relation to your target schools). If you have the time and resources, I encourage you to consider taking the GMAT again if you feel you can score better. A higher score will never hurt your application and might open up the range of schools where you can apply. Your education and professional experience are very common in the global MBA applicant pool, so anything you can do to make the rest of your application stand out is advantageous.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me