Course detail + discount availability

Ask your questions about Veritas Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Course detail + discount availability

by piyushk » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:57 pm
Hi,

I want to know the offerings from Veritas for GMAT preparation. I'm not looking for personal tutoring.

What options are available and for what price, discount?

Are there any trial classes for me to check before I register/pay?

Please respond.

Thanks, Piyush

Official Company Rep

by VP_Marisa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:39 pm
Hi Piyush,

Thank you for your inquiry! We offer numerous course options, both in-person and online (Live Online as well as a Self-Paced GMAT Online). Our in person courses are offered in a variety of formats including weekend, weeknight, Saturday only and Accelerated courses. Veritas Prep's in person courses are located all over the world and our live online courses are offered on different schedules to meet the needs of students in various time zones.

We do offer Free Trial Classes in select cities that students can attend before enrolling in a course. Where are you located? I'd be more than happy to point out a Free Trial Class for you as well as specific courses that will hopefully work well with your schedule. As a member of Beat the GMAT, you will receive a 10% discount on all of our GMAT courses.

If you'd like to speak further with someone about finding a course that will work best for you, don't hesitate to call us at 800.925.7737.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Marisa

by piyushk » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:06 pm
Marisa,
Thanks for the response.

I'm located in Chicago.

Could you tell the difference between Live Online & Self-Paced GMAT Online? wrt to price, pattern, materials?

Thanks,
Piyush

Official Company Rep

by VP_Marisa » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:46 am
Hi Piyush,

The Complete Course Live Online is taught in real time, allowing you to interact directly with your instructor and fellow classmates through a headset provided by Veritas Prep. The Complete Course Live Online is 42 hours long and typically meets twice a week for three hours each time. With the Complete Course Live Online, you will receive the following:

"¢ An experienced instructor who has scored in the 99th percentile on the GMAT
"¢ All 15 of Veritas Prep's GMAT strategy guides
"¢ Access to 15 computer-adaptive practice tests
"¢ More than 2,700 practice problems
"¢ Six months of access to all pre-recorded Self-Paced GMAT Online lessons
"¢ 25 hours/week of toll free phone support - speak with instructors for any help that you might need
"¢ Unlimited email support

View the schedules at https://www.veritasprep.com/online-offerings/

Self-Paced GMAT Online is the entire Veritas Prep GMAT course, pre-recorded with one of our GMAT Instructor of the Year award winners. The lessons cover all the same topics as the 42 hour Full Course in a comprehensive and dynamic audio and visual presentation. You can pause, rewind, fast-forward, or move around in any order. You will receive the following with this program:

"¢ All 15 of Veritas Prep's GMAT strategy guides
"¢ Access to 15 computer-adaptive practice tests
"¢ More than 2,700 practice problems
"¢ 25 hours/week of toll free phone support - speak with instructors for any help that you might need
"¢ Unlimited email support

Learn more at https://www.veritasprep.com/self-paced-gmat-online/

If you are interested in an in-person class, you can view our Chicago course offerings at https://www.veritasprep.com/gmat-course/ ... rep-Class/. There currently isn't a scheduled Free Trial Class in Chicago, but we will be adding an upcoming class on September 7 at 7pm. If you'd like to attend that class, please let me know and I can put you on the roster before registration goes live.

I hope I answered your questions. If there's any additional information I can provide, just let me know.

Thanks,
Marisa

by piyushk » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:28 pm
Hi Marisa,

Thanks for responding.

Some more questions:

For Complete Course Live Online:

1. For the 25 hours/week of toll free phone support - would Veritas respond to questions other then their material/CAT?
2. How to get additional hours/week once the provided 25 are used?
3. Is there any registration or hold required for 25 hours/week of toll free phone support? in short the accessibility & timings
4. what if I would still require a month's help after 6-month period?
5. Any additional homework materials other than the 15 of Veritas Prep's GMAT strategy guides?
6. is there any tracking tool to see the progress before, during and at the end of the course?
7. would the practice problems be based on the weakness of an individual or common for all?
8. How much does it costs?

For Self-Paced GMAT Online:

1. For the 25 hours/week of toll free phone support - would Veritas respond to questions other then their material/CAT?
2. How to get additional hours/week once the provided 25 are used?
3. Is there any registration or hold required for 25 hours/week of toll free phone support? in short the accessibility & timings
4. what is the duration of this course?
5. Any additional homework materials other than the 15 of Veritas Prep's GMAT strategy guides?
6. is there any tracking tool to see the progress before, during and at the end of the course?
7. would the practice problems be based on the weakness of an individual or common for all?
8. How much does it costs?

Thanks for the trail class registration invite. However as September 7 is a weekday I'm not sure if I would be able to make it up or not. I would prefer not to block a seat for now.

Thanks,
Piyush

Official Company Rep

by VP_Marisa » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:07 am
Hi Piyush,

No problem. Hopefully I've answered your questions below (numbers correspond to your questions).

Complete Course Live Online:

1. Yes, we'd be happy to.
2. The phone support lines are open 25 hours a week. Outside of those 25 hours, you can submit an unlimited amount of questions through email and you can also take advantage of the Veritas Prep forum to get your questions answered.
3. No. There is no need to reserve space ahead of time. When the phone lines are open, you can call the number directly and speak with an instructor. We have enough instructors operating the phone lines that there is rarely a wait.
4. We are happy to work with you to extend your access time to the online resources. Additionally, you can enroll in another course schedule at no cost.
5. Certainly. In addition to the 15 lesson books, which contain in total well over 1,000 practice problems, you will have access to 15 CAT exams and 7 midterm diagnostic quizzes, the total of which adds approximately 2,000 practice questions to your resource bank.
6. Our Midterm Diagnostic Quizzes are designed specifically to do that - help you track your progress through our academic lessons so that you can return to concepts or question types that require additional practice before you move on to more-difficult or simply different topics. In addition, the 15 CAT exams will help you to track your progress, not merely on score alone, but also regarding pace, comfort level with the test interface, etc.
7. Our problems are available to all students, as each student can stand to improve on questions in different ways (improve accuracy/understanding of weaker areas; improve speed on stronger areas; minimize mistakes on stronger areas; etc.), but via our CAT exams, Diagnostic Quizzes, and instructor guidance, you will receive targeted feedback to guide you through our wealth of resources to maximize the value of your study time and energy.
8. $1200, but you will receive a 10% discount

Self-Paced GMAT Online

1. See above
2. See above
3. See above
4. You will have access to Self-Paced GMAT Online for six months. The duration of the time spent studying varies per student depending on the pace that you move through the material. All fourteen of Veritas Prep's in-person classes are covered in Self-Paced GMAT online.
5. See above
6 . See above
7. See above
8. $850, but you will receive a 10% discount

We would be happy to provide you with further details about either program and if you'd like to give us a call (800.925.7737) we can certainly address any concerns/questions you have.

Best,
Marisa

by piyushk » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:29 pm
Marisa, I have sent you a PM.

Please respond in the PM.

Thanks,
Piyush

Official Company Rep

by VP_Marisa » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:43 am
Hi Piyush,

I just replied to your PM. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

Best,
Marisa

by piyushk » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:03 am
Thanks Marisa.

Received ur PM.

Thanks,
Piyush

by piyushk » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:03 pm
Hi Marisa,

I sent you a PM today. Appreciate if you could please reply back.

Thanks, Piyush