Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please evaluate my profile

by allloginstaken » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:18 pm
Hi Stacy will you please evaluate my profile

-3.1, Microbiology, UC school
-47Q, 37V- 680 (88%)

-currently in research at a UC doing cancer and aging research, yearly promotions and instrumental in bringing in and testing new instruments (collaborated by boss), my work has helped shift the lab from being 800k in the red to 200k in the black.
-Previous job-major winery set up a lab and it passed ISO certification, trained and led all other lab techs, yearly promotions. Work helped lowered yearly expenses and cut employee hiring by 5-7 people.

Extra-curr- own two companies one is a wine consulting and class training for 20 to 30 somethings interested in wine. Organize wine parties for 5-40 people.
Second company does IT support for non profits, also a liquidator of computer supplies

Awards- BATF certified lab technician, accommodation from VP of company for setting up a new bottling line.

interests- wine of course, race motorcycles, and while in college took care of my mom who had cancer.

Thank you.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:58 pm
Hi allloginstaken,

It sounds like you have a fascinating background and very interesting entrepreneurial pursuits. Your academics are fairly solid, though perhaps a bit low for a top ten program.

I'm not sure what schools you are targeting or your goals, but it sounds like you are someone with a track record of accomplishments and a differentiated background.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by allloginstaken » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:14 pm
Thank you for your help.

I was going to apply to four top 20 schools. I am hoping to use my diverse science background as a means to address a schools want for diversity. I am having trouble addressing my entrepreneurial projects in the essay portion. My career progress to date, I feel, speaks volumes about my abilities.

Well anyway thank you for the vote of confidence. If I don't get in this time around I will be using your service next year. :)