What did I do wrong? 620 on first practice test :(

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Just took the Manhattan GMAT full length practice test and got a 620 :( I have been studying for the GMAT about 2 weeks. I would be grateful for any and all suggestions of how to do better. Below are three screen shots, the first is of my score summary and the other two are the in depth reports.

Thank you so much for your help!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by surajgarg » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 pm
currentriveryogi wrote:Just took the Manhattan GMAT full length practice test and got a 620 :( I have been studying for the GMAT about 2 weeks. I would be grateful for any and all suggestions of how to do better. Below are three screen shots, the first is of my score summary and the other two are the in depth reports.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi,

Its absolutely ok to get a low score on the first few practice tests. I got a 600 on my first practice test :)

The idea is to keep improving the score with each practice test. Analyze weak areas and work on those areas. A few observations about your score.

1. Quant - Per GMAT standards this is a little low. So you may want to work on improving this as you keep attempting more tests. In the analysis I observed that there were couple of series of wrong answers. This does bring the score down.

2. Verbal - Its a decent score and you just need to keep building on that.

I believe that the key to crack the GMAT is to strengthen the foundations and regular practice to build on the foundations.

All the best!!!