AWA Analysis of an Issue -Energy PLEASE RATE

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
"It is unrealistic to expect individual nations to make, independently, the sacrifices necessary to conserve energy. International leadership and worldwide cooperation are essential if we expect to protect the world's energy resources for future generations."

Recently there is a heated debate over whether it is individual nations or the international leadership and worldwide cooperation's responsibility to protect the energy resource for future generations. Some people assert that it should be the individual nation's responsibility, while other people believe that it should be cooperation and international leadership's responsibility. The issue of which is accountable for such action is a complex and controversial one. Different people hold different views due to their diverse backgrounds. Therefore, there is not a universal answer to this question. This decision, nevertheless, is not an easy one to make. As far as I am concerned, I agree that the International leadership and worldwide cooperation are the key players to solve the energy resource issue, and do not agree that such responsibility should only fall on individual nations. My view can be greatly substantiated in the following discussion.
One reason that I believe that the Worldwide cooperation and International leadership are essential to protect the world's energy resources is that worldwide cooperation are much powerful bringing attention on issues to the public. Take the giant automobile corporation, Toyota, for example. Toyota has brought the hybrid vehicle, Prius, to consumers and brought up consumer's awareness about how to conserve energy. Toyota has spent mass marketing money worldwide lecturing consumers how Prius can help save natural resources to the entire world due to its outstanding presence in the world. Toyota has also inspired other industry to follow its footstep on energy reserving products. Such effect on entire world cannot be achieved by just one nation. It is a worldwide cooperation by such an outstanding corporation like Toyota to share the concept to the world.
Another reason that I believe that I believe International leadership is essential to protect the energy resources because International leadership has stronger presences and power than individual nations. United States and European Nations meets regularly to discuss resource challenges in our world, and as a result of such meeting, the European Nations can impose rules on individual countries that use the highest amount of global energy. Such a powerful action cannot be achieved by individual nations. The International leadership and worldwide cooperations have to work together to bring the result.
However, it is not to say that individual nations do not play any essential roles in the effort to conserve energy. The goodwill of one individual nation to conserve energy sets up good examples for other nations to see. For instance, United States is focusing on aggressive goal to use up to 20% renewable energy by 2020 to replace brown energy. This aggressive effort has brought awareness to other powerful nation such as China. Chinese government has sent people to United States to learn how to implement such aggressive goal and hope to adopt such goal in its country. Therefore, individual nation played a key role in this example to set a good role model and to encourage international cooperation.
To sum up, the contribution in individual nations can play extremely important role to stimulate the goals of international leadership and worldwide cooperation. Therefore, international leadership and worldwide cooperation are essential and are the first step to make if we expect to protect the world's energy resources for future generations.