Kaplan CD tests Vs Kaplan Course CATs

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Kaplan CD tests Vs Kaplan Course CATs

by ajaypatil_am » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:08 pm
Hi,

I've joined Kaplan Classroom coaching.In the course there are around 7-8 online tests which we are suppose to complete.
Are these tests same as the Kaplan CD tests ? I'm just asking as I'm planning to solved the CD tests aslo afterwords.Just want to avoid the resplendence.

PS - Kaplan CD means I'm referring to a CD which come along with Kaplan Permier book.

Thanks,
Ajay

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:2 members

Kaplan CATs

by Jen Kedro » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:51 pm
Hi,

As an enrolled student, you will have access to our online CAT testing pool, which consists of 8 CATs, plus the Ultimate Practice Test taken at the real GMAT testing facility (a Pearson center), for a total of 9 CATs. These online CATs are continually updated and tested, and are therefore more up to date than any CDROM material. Therefore we'd strongly recommend you use these 9 CATs as your primary practice exams, plus the 2 GMAT Prep exams as desired. Most students find that 8-10 CATs is more than enough to practice sufficiently. As a student, you'll also be able to thoroughly analyze your results using our Smart Reports technology too, which will inform you of your key strengths and weaknesses over time, as you complete exams, and will recommend particular assignments based on your performance.

Good luck with your studies and your course! Let us know if you have other questions.
Jen Kedrowski
Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions
GMAT Teacher
MBA Admissions Consultant
National Product Team Member

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by vidabella417 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:24 am
Dear ajaypatil_am,

The tests on the CD that comes with the Kaplan GMAT: Premier Program are NOT the same tests from the course. The question pool on the CD is entirely unique to the CD. You will not find those questions in any other Kaplan product or service.

I hope this has been helpful, and I wish you the best of luck on your exam!

Sincerely,

Monica P. Lugo
Editor - Kaplan Publishing

--

We build futures one success story at a time. Visit us at www.kaplanpublishing.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mbacracker86 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:45 pm
Do they offer the same degree of difficulty though?
Are the online tests easier?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:19 am
Hi mbacracker,

Our classroom/liveonline course offers CATs using our newest, most accurate scoring algorithm do date. We're working on porting that over to our published materials, although the books currently on the shelves are using the old one. That being said, Kaplan has always prided ourselves on the quality of our product, and the Premier book is no exception. The changes to our online tests are small refinements, and shouldn't make a difference of more than a few points to your score.

Let me know if I can help in any other way!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage