choice of test center in delhi NCR?

Organize face-to-face meetings with other members
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

choice of test center in delhi NCR?

by mija » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:54 am
can anyone tell which is a good test center in terms of quality of computers and peaceful envrnt. between 2 test centers in new delhi

1. global ascent
2. pearson proff.

thanks.

by being_baggu » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:56 pm
Even I am in the same fix. Please suggest.

by ponds_ggn » Thu May 20, 2010 2:15 am
mija wrote:can anyone tell which is a good test center in terms of quality of computers and peaceful envrnt. between 2 test centers in new delhi

1. global ascent
2. pearson proff.

thanks.
Hi Fellas,

My suggestion is to consider the distance one need to travel on test day.
Global Ascent is in gurgaon and Pearson is in New Delhi(Hauz Khaas).
As far as infrastructure is concerned Pearson is better, but Global Ascent has
advantage of more waiting space and Lounge.

Hope this would clarify your curiosity !

Rgds,

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:1100

by mitzwillrockgmat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:09 am
i would recommend the pearson centre.

i was recently scheduled at the global ascent centre and on test day their system went down! I'm not saying that it happens all the time but they weren't very proactive in fixing the problem and i had to fight tooth and nail to get my test transfered to the pearson centre the following day!

the management there is not very professional. the person in charge wasn't even able to fix the internet connection which was part of the problem! he asked us if we could help him fix the internet! & rather than seeing that this is his job, i was told by him that he is doing me a favor by hanging around to fix the problem. he had a party to go that day and that he is missing it for us!

other than the above fiasco...i consider the pearson centre to be a much more comfortable environment. It is a very comfortable place...the bathrooms are clean etc etc. plus, the test administrators are very nice & polite.

At global ascent the facilities from what i saw were not that great. and the bathroom in the waiting room has a terrible smell!

so pick wisely.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:740

by inclinedplatform » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:05 pm
Hi guys,

I have given my GMAT twice, once in pearson center (july'08) and once in the global ascent center (june,'10)

My exp with both is good.

Global ascent has probably a little smaller test taking area. Only 4 can give a test at any point in time.
When I went there, i was the only one. (it was also because i had a 6:00 PM slot, which is now not offered as per my knowledge and since I had booked well in advance , I had got it).So, it was great to give the paper without any disturbances.

The facilities at Global Ascent are decent. There's a washroom and found it to be clean both the times I visited the test center. It also has a canteen though I never went to see it personally. As it is ,the center is part of a guest house so I believe it should have the basic amenities in place. If you do have problems and questions, call up the person who is in charge (not the receptionist) and you can sort it out with him before the test.My experience is that he's pretty helpful. There is a guest house veranda and waiting area that you can use if needed. The waiting area is comfortable and the ambiance is relaxing. The center is located away from the main road and in a colony, hence the area is peaceful.

There is a test administrator ready to help you and papers are monitored through a CCTV. They also offer you ear plugs in case you are interested. I did not experience any problems with the computer and paper went smoothly. The computers and the sitting arrangement are fine and the A/C was working.

Overall, it was a good experience.

I can remember not facing any problems with pearson as well, they were quite professional and it is a well trusted center. IMO, Pearson are the more experienced amongst the two.
So that a + point . But finding dates of your choice is more difficult because of it's popularity.

When deciding , I suggest consider the following factors:

1. Your Choice of Dates & the one's that you see as available for the respective test centers - & your flexibility to reschedule your preparations and plans for the test.
2. Where do you live and which one is closer ?

Personally, it is difficult to trust a new center for such an important exam. When I was going for the second attempt, My first preference was Pearson, but since the dates of my choice were not available @ Pearson, I went for Global Ascent. And I don't regret it.

You can also visit the test centers personally( I did ) and see for yourself. It's Important to be confident on the day of the paper !

Hope that helps !

Regards,
Kshitij.

PS: I scored a 650 @ Pearson and a 740 @ Global Ascent.