Error Tracking spreadsheet

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Error Tracking spreadsheet

by vikram1 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:48 am
Hi Brent,

How do you want us to use the error tracking spreadsheet when doing daily assigned problems. I am inputting the answers and if i get red, i review the answers and move on. However, i leave the cell red for future revisions.

Please suggest if this is the correct way.

Thanks,

Vik

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:58 pm
Hi Vik,

That's a great way to use this spreadsheet.

In future emails (during the review period in the final 2 weeks), I will be suggesting that you review questions that you got wrong.

I also believe that it's a good idea to read the explanations of the questions you answered correctly. If the solution is similar to yours, then you need only spend a few seconds reviewing it. However, it's also possible that the explanation will reveal a new strategy that you can apply to future questions.

All the best,
Brent

vikram1 wrote:Hi Brent,

How do you want us to use the error tracking spreadsheet when doing daily assigned problems. I am inputting the answers and if i get red, i review the answers and move on. However, i leave the cell red for future revisions.

Please suggest if this is the correct way.

Thanks,

Vik
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:650

by anuptvm » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:33 pm
Hi Brent,

I'm using the Official Guide 11th Edition and I wanted to know if there is an Error Tracking Tool spreadsheet for the same.

Thanks,
Anup

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:20 pm
Hi Anup,

Sorry, we don't have an Error Tracking Tool for the 11th edition.

All the best,
Brent

anuptvm wrote:Hi Brent,

I'm using the Official Guide 11th Edition and I wanted to know if there is an Error Tracking Tool spreadsheet for the same.

Thanks,
Anup

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:650

by anuptvm » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:45 am
Brent,

Do you think I should invest in an edition12? I keep reading about it not being any different from 11. But, I guess there should be a reason for a new edition :D

What do you think?

Thanks,
Anup

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:37 pm
Hi Anup,

There aren't many differences between the OG11 and OG12. So, unless you want to follow the categorized question assignments, there's isn't a compelling reason to get an OG12 if you already have an OG11.

All the best,
Brent

anuptvm wrote:Brent,

Do you think I should invest in an edition12? I keep reading about it not being any different from 11. But, I guess there should be a reason for a new edition :D

What do you think?

Thanks,
Anup

by chandan85 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:31 am
Hi Brent ,

Could you help me understand that how the 'performance summary' sheet in the error tracking sheet needs to be used ?

I see some values already present in various columns(correct , incorrect ...) and they do not change ...Is it connected to the 'grid' ? ..or do we have to insert some values manually .

Please help , i am totally confused .

Thanks once again

Regards

Chandan

by ksenthil.ks » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:01 pm
chandan85 wrote:Hi Brent ,

Could you help me understand that how the 'performance summary' sheet in the error tracking sheet needs to be used ?

I see some values already present in various columns(correct , incorrect ...) and they do not change ...Is it connected to the 'grid' ? ..or do we have to insert some values manually .

Thanks once again

Regards

Chandan
Hi,

I am also having the same issue. I tried entering the answers in the tool and the count of wrong answers is more in the performance summary than what is shows on the "grid". Can you please help?

Cheers
Senthil

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:40 pm
Okay, thanks for that.
I'll take a look.

Brent

ksenthil.ks wrote:
chandan85 wrote:Hi Brent ,

Thanks once again

Regards

Chandan
Hi,

I am also having the same issue. I tried entering the answers in the tool and the count of wrong answers is more in the performance summary than what is shows on the "grid". Can you please help?

Cheers
Senthil

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:14 pm
You can use the performance summary to identify questions that address a certain topic (probability, percents, etc).
Having said that, the daily emails identify what questions you should tackle, so perhaps you can skip this section of the OG12 Tracking Tool.