Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please help evaluate my profile, Stacy

by downeaster » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:56 pm
Hi Stacy, here is my profile:
GPA:
Undergraduate - 3.4, Accounting, top Chinese university
Graduate - 3.45, Master in Econ and Finance, Brandeis U.

GMAT:
710(Q51, V34, AWA 4.5)

Resume highlights
04-presents:
Research analyst, sr. research analyst
@ one of the top economic litigation consulting firms, Boston

-Economic and financial analysis for Enron litigation
-Worked with a famous professor to challenge a Noble prize winner's work in a very high profile public tax/intangible asset valuation dispute
-In a few other public disputes, helped large retirement funds to recover losses from public companies' frauds
-M&A analysis on several large public Mergers

02-04 Graduate study

98-02
Credit analyst, project leader
@ a Chinese banking group, China
-led a team to resolve AP&P debt crisis, the largest emerging market default ever. Successfully restructured debt and avoided losses.

extracurricular:
for 3 years, led the biggest China-related conference in the U.S. Over 500 audiences attend each year.

awards, patents, publications:
scholarship at Brandeis

Unusual experience:
wrote a research for Citigroup CEO in China and was invited to meet. Successfully persuaded him to sponsor my conference.

Other:
recommendation provides graduated from Wharton and Yale.
former co-workers got in top programs (numbers at each school: MIT >9, Stanford >2, Chicago >2, HBS >1, Wharton=0, Kellogg=0)

Can you help position myself/select school (intend to apply to top 10 only)? Career goal is to briefly work for strategy consulting then join Chinese companies to help them become global players. How do I make sense I need MBA in addition to the current graduate degree? (since I will definitely move away from numbers to general management in the future)

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:14 pm
Any of the top schools will be a good fit for you in terms of your short term and long term career goals. You should research the schools a bit to see what ones are a good fit with your personality and what you are looking for in terms of the business school experience/culture.

Given your goals of strategy consulting and then operational experience, an MBA is a good fit for you. I think you can explain that you want to gain the general management skills offered by an MBA program to help you become a strong manager and leader. These are different from the Econ and Finance curriculums you have experienced in the past.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Re: Please help evaluate my profile, Stacy

by kamispyros » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:35 am
downeaster wrote:Hi Stacy, here is my profile:
GPA:
Undergraduate - 3.4, Accounting, top Chinese university
Graduate - 3.45, Master in Econ and Finance, Brandeis U.

GMAT:
710(Q51, V34, AWA 4.5)

Resume highlights
04-presents:
Research analyst, sr. research analyst
@ one of the top economic litigation consulting firms, Boston

-Economic and financial analysis for Enron litigation
-Worked with a famous professor to challenge a Noble prize winner's work in a very high profile public tax/intangible asset valuation dispute
-In a few other public disputes, helped large retirement funds to recover losses from public companies' frauds
-M&A analysis on several large public Mergers

02-04 Graduate study

98-02
Credit analyst, project leader
@ a Chinese banking group, China
-led a team to resolve AP&P debt crisis, the largest emerging market default ever. Successfully restructured debt and avoided losses.

extracurricular:
for 3 years, led the biggest China-related conference in the U.S. Over 500 audiences attend each year.

awards, patents, publications:
scholarship at Brandeis

Unusual experience:
wrote a research for Citigroup CEO in China and was invited to meet. Successfully persuaded him to sponsor my conference.

Other:
recommendation provides graduated from Wharton and Yale.
former co-workers got in top programs (numbers at each school: MIT >9, Stanford >2, Chicago >2, HBS >1, Wharton=0, Kellogg=0)

Can you help position myself/select school (intend to apply to top 10 only)? Career goal is to briefly work for strategy consulting then join Chinese companies to help them become global players. How do I make sense I need MBA in addition to the current graduate degree? (since I will definitely move away from numbers to general management in the future)

Re: Please help evaluate my profile, Stacy

by kamispyros » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:36 am
Hi downeaster I intend to go to Brandeis and I would like your advice.... Is it easy to mail me ([email protected]), or to give me your mail. An device would be very useful!!!