Please Evaluate my profile

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please Evaluate my profile

by rohit4578 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:25 am
I gave the GMAT recently and got a 690. Although I am confident I can get a better score if I give it a second try, I was just wondering whether getting into Top 20 schools would be possible with this score and my profile, which is as follows

GMAT - 690
Age - 25 yrs
UGPA - 3.1
Bachelors in Chemical Engineering
Work experience 4 yrs with 3 yrs managerial experience
Currently, working in a leading consumer goods company in India as a Production manager with 15 people reporting to me
Involved in organizing events in college
Not much community service

I want advice whether I should retake the GMAT or apply with this score

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:50 am
A 690 is actually a good score. In order to determine your level of competitiveness, look at the 80% range of GMAT scores for the schools you are interested in and figure out where your score falls. Chances are, you will be in pretty good shape. Also, remember that the GMAT is only one component of your application and you should make sure other areas are strong as well. This includes being able to clearly articulate short and long-term goals, knowing how the school meets your specific needs, getting strong LORs, writing great essays, and giving good interviews.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options