How to go from 690 to 720?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

How to go from 690 to 720?

by chetang11 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:57 am
Hello,

I took the GMAT last month and scored 690. I visited the b-school I want to go to for my MBA. They have asked me to increase my GMAT score from 690 to 720.

For my GMAT in May, I had studied using the MGMAT books and plan to use the next two months to study again. Any help on approach will be helpful. Do you think it will help to go for a prep-course. If yes, which (MGMAT, KAPLAN, VERITAS, or PRINCETON) one do you think will help?

Thanks for your help!
C

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:36 am
The Veritas Prep course helped me go from a 680 to 730. If you are going to take a course, I would recommend it.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:44 am
chetang11 wrote:Hello,

I took the GMAT last month and scored 690. I visited the b-school I want to go to for my MBA. They have asked me to increase my GMAT score from 690 to 720.

For my GMAT in May, I had studied using the MGMAT books and plan to use the next two months to study again. Any help on approach will be helpful. Do you think it will help to go for a prep-course. If yes, which (MGMAT, KAPLAN, VERITAS, or PRINCETON) one do you think will help?

Thanks for your help!
C
Two months to increase your score 30 points is a fair amount of time. If you are self-motivated enough I don't think you'd need to go to a class since most of the stuff they go over you'll probably already know. Instead, I'd say review the Manhattan books again, go through notes online about SC (or get another book. I don't think you can read too much about SC), and do lots and lots of practice problems. Also, do tests from time to time and study in 4 hour blocks to build your stamina. Have you already used up your four GMATPreps? If not, save those for closer to the end.
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT