GMAT Low score - 510 :(

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT Low score - 510 :(

by joiedevivre » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:58 am
Hi,

I just got thrashed and beaten by the GMAT.

Scored a overall of 510

Q - 32
V - 22

Studied seriously for a month as i am not working at the moment but did notice that i had major issues with time management and i guess my methodology was also wrong.

Started with prep test only in the last week before the test and was very rarely able to complete the rest including AWA.

Prep test scores:

GMAT Prep - 540
Kaplan - 560
Kaplan 1 - 510
MGMAT - 630

Both quant and verbal scores were pathetic in the final GMAT but i dont know if i have the capability to improve.

I have a major problem with time management and well as fear for any entrance..

Planning to retake the exam but i dont... i just have to improve a lot and am not sure if i can or how..

prep material used:

OG11
Kaplan with CD
MGMAT SC

Please advice on what i need to do to improve...
:cry: :cry:

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:00 am
You can definitely improve. I believe the main reason that people have time management issues is that they do not understand the content thoroughly and they do not recognize when they should just guess. If you have the time to really commit to studying get the following books.

MGMAT Number properties, equations inequalities and vics, fractions decimals and percents, word translations, and geometry

PowerScore critical reasoning bible.

Go through those materials along with the books you already have. Make sure you spend about two days a week reviewing material that you have already covered. This will ensure that you don't forget information. If you do this, you should be ready in 3-4 months.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.