Query: (Just started) Best time to write GMAT

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,

I joined this wonderful community recently. I am currently working in Geneva and will be here till the first week of February 2008. Then I will go back to India (Offshore site)
I have more than 4 years of experience in IT sector.

I want to apply for Fall 2008 to US schools (or you could suggest good ones somewhere else) and have just started.

I get 1.5 to 2 hours free time on weekdays and almost full day on 1
weekends.

Could someone please tell me when would be the best time for me to write GMAT for fall 2008 and how should I go about in preparing my profile.

I have completely ignorant about the application deadlines for major universities , could someone show me any link if available.

Thanks to show me the path..

Sandeep

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:55 pm
Hi Sandeep,

I would definitely start by reading the sticky threads in this forum - there is one on target academic profiles for top programs and one on school selection and both will be helpful for you.

I would suggest taking the GMAT in the next few months. If you do well, you can relax and work on the rest of the process. If you want to improve your score after taking it once, you will still have plenty of time to take classes and work on it.

The other important things to be doing now are assessing your strengths and weaknesses and starting to work on any weakness you still have time to address (e.g. community service, if that's an issue). It's great to have almost a full year of preparation, so it's definitely worth taking advantage of.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting