Help - Low CGPA score for GMAT

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Help - Low CGPA score for GMAT

by rakkey1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:55 pm
Hi,

I was registering an appointment for GMAT when I found that my percentage score of 54% in undergrad was equivalent to a CGPA score of 0.4. Since my graduation in 2006, I have a total work experience of over 3 years. I do not have much of extra curricular activities to show, however, I have been among the top performers during my 3 years experience. I am worried about how detrimental would this to my application to B-schools. Also, how can I work to show that I am still a good candidate for the course?

Request urgent help on this.

Thanks,
Vineet

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:50 am
First of all, you should make sure that your conversion is correct. A cumulative GPA of 0.4 would not be considered by any top business school. If you actually only performed poorly in a few classes then you should consider building an alternate transcript and focus on quant/analytical courses. Finally, work on building up other aspects of your profile (career progression, extracurriculars, special skills, etc.) so that you if you choose to apply you can present a strong, well-rounded package.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by rakkey1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:00 am
Scottie, I just saw the chart while registering at mba.com and found the same. Can you please help me in converting percentages to CGPA. I did my grad from Delhi University, India.

Thanks much for your help.