Medical Student - 710 92 %tile (Q47 V40) - Thanks

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I just wanted to thank everyone here, especially the GMAT 720 sticky. Great advice on here. This post is mainly for a different point of view from someone not in the business field.

Background: 3rd year medical student going to do an MBA between 3rd and 4th years.

Study Materials: Princeton Review 2010, OG 12th ed, Manhattan GMAT CATs (not books), GMAT Prep CATs

Study plan: Based on a few posts here, I made a plan of attack for the GMAT because I only had 1 week to study for this on my spring break, which was between my Surgery and Pediatrics rotations. My plan was to read PR and OG first as quick as possible (roughly 2 days each) and then take the CATs.

Diagnostic = GMAT Prep1 = 660 (don't remember breakdown).

Then I did PR. Read the beginning, did the hardest bins on each. Took about 2 days.

OG - read the beginning. Took diagnostic. Did all of my weak sections based on diagnostic = PS, DS, CR. Didn't have time for the other 2 verbal. Took about 2 days.

At this point I started doing CAT tests every night.

PR CAT3 = 640 (Q39 V39) = no idea what happened
MGMAT 1 = 700 (Q46 V40)
MGMAT 2 = 700 (Q47 V39)
GMAT Prep 2 = 710 (Q49 V38)

I took the GMAT Prep2 two days before my actual GMAT. Exactly the same score.

The actual exam seemed very similar to GMAT Prep 2 to me. The MGMAT CATs were much harder on math problems (tons more calculations).

And that's it. A week of intense studying. Thanks to everyone for the great info on here.

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:42 pm
congratulations!
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants