730 (Q50,V38) AWA 6.0...not really excited!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:730

730 (Q50,V38) AWA 6.0...not really excited!

by pc80 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:33 pm
Took the G on 21st...got a 730 (Q50/V38) AWA 6.0.

Took several CATs Knewton/Manhattan/GMaTPrep - ranged between 710 and 770.

My Quantitative section in the test was straightforward (I didnt find any question overwhelming)...or I was just prepared...not sure! I did around 15 GClub Quants tests. Great source!

My verbal section is still a blur. I didnt get good sleep last night (around 2 hours) and I quite dont remember now how my verbal went! I was brain-dead. I tried reading questions over and over again and I just wasnt getting it! I did loads of practice on my verbal and had never scored below a 43. I am heart-broken...but I have no one to blame except for myself!

Immediately after my Q section I was excited and was aiming for a 750+...but towards the end of my verbal section ...I was like...please god!!!...give me a 650!...ha! it was really that bad!

I am applying for PT MBA...3 top 10 schools...and cutting it really close...a 750+ would have really sealed it for me :( But now have to work harder than ever on my essays. grrrrrrr. I guess that's life!

Anyways...I'd like to thank the BTG community...great site guys.

Recommendations (personal experience):

1. Don't drag the studying portion...come up with a game plan.
2. Take periodic CATs and evaluate your progress. Manhattan, Knewton and GMATPrep are all that I'd advice.
3. When you see your scores..NOT improving further...no matter how hard you study...that's when you HAVE to take your test. From here on your score never goes up...but there is a good chance it can go the other way ( THIS IS WHAT I HAVE CLEARLY LEARNT FROM MY EXPERIENCE!!!)

Anyways...good luck to all...I dont think I have to do any more CATs...unless I plan to retake the G :)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by neonite » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:57 pm
Hey,

Congrats on the good score. Can you let me know what exactly are the GClub quant tests and where I can access them?