Manhattan 3rd Ed vs 4th Ed

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Manhattan 3rd Ed vs 4th Ed

by Iamanewuser2010 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Hi all,

I have 3rd editions of Manhattan SC and Manhattan RC.

Are they same as 4th ed or 4th ed has something really different in it?

Please reply.

Thanks

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by thephoenix » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:40 am
i am not sure about RC but yes for SC there is a huge difference

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:730

by Davy03 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:43 am
I own the 3rd edition and I consider buying the 4th edition. What are the differences between them?

Followed by:2 members

by sch » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:44 pm
I didnt pay attention on the edditions of the guides when I bought mine on amazon. As a result I got a combination of 3rd and 4th edition guides from GMAT. I can tell you only one thing, I have did not notice any differences in the 3rd and 4th editions other than question sets that are designed for different editions of OG. After completing one topic from third edition and then moving to the next one which is in the 4th edition I did not notice any stylistic differences what so ever. I would be surprised to find out that content other than updated question sets are different in the 4th edition of the guides than in my 3rd editions.

GMAT Score:730

by Davy03 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:06 am
sch wrote:I didnt pay attention on the edditions of the guides when I bought mine on amazon. As a result I got a combination of 3rd and 4th edition guides from GMAT. I can tell you only one thing, I have did not notice any differences in the 3rd and 4th editions other than question sets that are designed for different editions of OG. After completing one topic from third edition and then moving to the next one which is in the 4th edition I did not notice any stylistic differences what so ever. I would be surprised to find out that content other than updated question sets are different in the 4th edition of the guides than in my 3rd editions.
Ok thanks!

Then I guess I will not buy it.

I thought new content may have been added. For instance, I think the fact that possessive pronouns can refer to possessive nouns is not very well explained in the 3rd edition.