GMAT Boot Camp

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:470

GMAT Boot Camp

by dabears900 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:20 am
Hi,

I just scheduled my test for May 4th. I was trying to figure out a good short term strategy for interim while working 40 hours a week. I've taken the test once before and did quite poor. I am familiar with the format and procedures but obviously not the proper way to prepare. I have the official guide 11/12 edition that I have been primarliy using to study among other guide books.. I have been using the 11th edition working through the math problems with the Khan academy youtube.com videos. This is the best way for me to learn versus just reading information. What would you suggest would be the best use of the short amount of time I have to study?

I have most of major concepts down and I would say I get about 7 out of 10 right when working through the book in both verbal and math sections. But once I take a practice exam i have been unable to break 500 recently. The highest score being 560, during the first attempt. I don't know what it lost in translation between paper back / computer transition but it seems to be significantly affecting my score.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:470

by dabears900 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:12 pm
I apologize, a little more searching and I found this helpful link:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/how-to-study ... h-t98.html