B Schools suggestions plz!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

B Schools suggestions plz!

by Sadhana » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:42 am
Hi I scored 660 in GMAT with Quant -47 and Verbal 34. I have 3 years of work experience in IT financial services. My GPA is 8.2 and graduated from one of the reputed institute in the country.
I am intersted to excel in finance. Could you please suggest B-Schools which suit my profile?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by gmat-10 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:24 pm
Sadhana wrote:Hi I scored 660 in GMAT with Quant -47 and Verbal 34. I have 3 years of work experience in IT financial services. My GPA is 8.2 and graduated from one of the reputed institute in the country.
I am intersted to excel in finance. Could you please suggest B-Schools which suit my profile?
Try Auburn University in Birmingham Alabama. Other suggestions are:

-Try George Washington in Washington DC
-Try Virginia State University in Chesterfield County, Virginia
-Try George Mason University in Fairfax Virginia
-Try University of Maryland (It could be competitive I am not sure check web www.umd.edu)
-Try City University of New York
-Try Rutgers University in New Jersey
-Try University of Rhode Island

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Sadhana » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:39 am
Thanx a lot.

Could you also evaluate my chances of getting admit at NUS,ISB and Nanyang for MBA?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by gmat-10 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:32 am
Sadhana wrote:Thanx a lot.

Could you also evaluate my chances of getting admit at NUS,ISB and Nanyang for MBA?
National University of Singapore or NUS may be slightly competitive because mostly aspirants apply there but check website for details. Also send an email to admission of this university get some idea of GMAT score etc. If I would be you I would start commuinicating with possible places and maintain a list on excel sheet with Colleges and GMAT with other factors for admission. ISB is great choice because you seem like a Native born citizen of India so after finishing your MBA program you will not have to worry about sponsorship, job visa and return of investment etc.

One more thing you have 660 GMAT, if you take a little pain, with some preparation give second shot, you have very good chances to go beyond 700 then you can apply almost everywhere. Think about it.