Profile Eval/Quant Opinion

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Eval/Quant Opinion

by Vincent » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:09 pm
Hi,

I'd like to know how my quantitative history could affect me when I'm applying for schools this fall.

I recently scored a 730 on the GMAT, which I thought was good. However, the breakdown was 46V (99%)/44Q (69%). I will be applying with an eye towards Finance and Management, so I understand this is subpar. However, I'm not certain that I have the time to take the GMAT again.

Insofar as my undergraduate history (5 years ago this May), I was a Computer Science and Finance double major at UIUC in the school of Engineering; I took four levels of Calculus and several Stats and Probability classes, but my performance wasn't stellar - I had a 2.7 overall GPA, though my Finance-specific GPA was a 3.2.

Professionally, I'm currently the Technology Officer in a (very) small hedge fund, and I've been a securities trader ever since getting out of school; I'm also the Operations Director for a volunteer non-profit Asian Professional Development organization.

I'm an Asian-American male, 27.

How big an obstacle is my quantitative performance going to be for me? Is it going to look excessively weak? I'm gunning for schools like Wharton, Stanford, and Haas.