GPA

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:720

GPA

by mjjking » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:36 pm
Hi there,
what do you think can be considered a high GPA? 3.60 upward? Or 3.70? Or what? I've a Bachelor (in Italy) in Anthropology, with an estimated GPA of 4/4 for the first three years and of 3.72 for the last two. Do you think I will be above the average in each school I'll apply? Is my second GPA high as well?

One more thing: do you know where I can find reference books for converting international grades into American GPA?

thanks!

RC
Beat The GMAT - 1st priority
Enter a top MBA program - 2nd priority
Loving my wife: MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!

REAL THING 1 (AUG 2007): 680 (Q43, V40)
REAL THING 2 (APR 2009): 720 (Q47, V41)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: GPA

by beatthegmat » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:50 pm
mjjking wrote:Hi there,
what do you think can be considered a high GPA? 3.60 upward? Or 3.70? Or what? I've a Bachelor (in Italy) in Anthropology, with an estimated GPA of 4/4 for the first three years and of 3.72 for the last two. Do you think I will be above the average in each school I'll apply? Is my second GPA high as well?

One more thing: do you know where I can find reference books for converting international grades into American GPA?

thanks!

RC
I'm probably not the best person to answer this question, but at first glance your respective GPAs are quite high--seems higher than the average reported at the top US business schools.

I'd ask Stacy Blackman about your second question on how to convert international grades.

Good luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school