GMAT Premier Live Online 2010 Edition

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

GMAT Premier Live Online 2010 Edition

by Nermal » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:30 am
Hello!

About two weeks ago I bought the book "GMAT Premier Live Online 2010 Edition".
I tried to gain access to the online resources through the serial number, but it said the number had been used before.
I contacted Kaplan via email but did not get a response and I don't expect to get one since it has now been almost two weeks since I wrote them.

I hope someone here can help me on this!

Thanks, Annika

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by sanp_l » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:03 am
Has anyone any updates or information on this. I am planning to go for the book and the main stimulus being the access to the online material, which now is a doubt considering the above concern.

Please help.
Sandy

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Nermal » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:32 am
Hello Sandy,

even though I don't understand why I never got an answer of a Kaplan representative and I don't think that this the way to keep customers satiesfied, I can recommend you buy the book.
Shortly after I had posted here, I wrote another email to the customer service of Kaplan and all of a sudden I could access these online resources.
Those resources are really helpful. You have access to a couple of GMAT CATs, monthly quizzes etc.

If you have further questions pm me.
Best regards, Annika

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:21 pm
Hi Annikal,

Sorry things were a bit confused with your customer service email, but I'm glad (though not surprised!) that we were eventually able to address your problem. Just to be clear, though, have all your problems been resolved? if there are any further issues you've had, I'd be happy to follow up on them!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:614 members
GMAT Score:800

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:17 am
sanp_l wrote:Has anyone any updates or information on this. I am planning to go for the book and the main stimulus being the access to the online material, which now is a doubt considering the above concern.

Please help.
Hi,

each book comes with a unique serial number. Once that serial number has been used once, it cannot be reused.

So, if you're buying the book from a reputable seller, you should have no problems accessing the Online Companion. If, however, you buy the book secondhand or from a seller who isn't reputable, you may get a copy with a serial number that has already been used and, therefore, won't be usable by you.

If you do buy a book that's represented as new but turns out to used (I'm guessing that was the problem for Annika), then you'd need to contact a Kaplan representative and we'll investigate.

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

No serial number

by yogonline » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:10 pm
I've got a weird problem with the Kaplan serial number (or lack of it) I bought the kaplan gmat 2010 premier live edition from amazon uk and got it delivered today. But the copy I've received doesnt have any serial number on the inside back cover.
The online companion is what I bought the book for in the first place!
Is it possible to get one using the original invoice number or any other identification on the book? Or will I have to return this one ?

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Yogesh

GMAT Instructor

Re: No serial number

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:00 pm
yogonline wrote:I've got a weird problem with the Kaplan serial number (or lack of it) I bought the kaplan gmat 2010 premier live edition from amazon uk and got it delivered today. But the copy I've received doesnt have any serial number on the inside back cover.
The online companion is what I bought the book for in the first place!
Is it possible to get one using the original invoice number or any other identification on the book? Or will I have to return this one ?

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Yogesh
Hi Yogesh,

I don't have a book in front of me right now, but I remember the serial number being inside the front cover, not the back one (or perhaps on a foldover page just inside the front cover). Have you looked there as well?

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount

by yogonline » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:38 am
Hi Stuart

Thanks for your prompt reply. I've looked for it everywhere in the book, front cover,the flap outside, back cover, pages inside.. still no serial number.. unless its in some invisible ink! :D ..could this be a misprint?
I've got my gmat in a month's time and was really looking to get through the tests that come along with the new edition and have a quick review.

Thanks
Yogesh

GMAT Instructor

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:42 am
yogonline wrote:Hi Stuart

Thanks for your prompt reply. I've looked for it everywhere in the book, front cover,the flap outside, back cover, pages inside.. still no serial number.. unless its in some invisible ink! :D ..could this be a misprint?
I've got my gmat in a month's time and was really looking to get through the tests that come along with the new edition and have a quick review.

Thanks
Yogesh
Hi Yogesh,

I've never heard of this happening before. All I can advise at this point is either to call (or email) customer service or to return the book. You bought it from Amazon UK, so I highly doubt that it's a counterfeit knock-off.

Does the front cover look exactly as pictured here:

https://store.kaptest.com/catalog/templa ... =T00050000?

by yogonline » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:45 am
Hi!

Yes the cover does look the same. Looks like this one might have been a misprint. I'd contacted Amazon as well and they have promptly arranged for a new one to be sent..Kudos to their customer service :) ...
Thanks for your inputs ..I must say its a great book!

Regards
Yogesh

by gopher_g » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:26 pm
I'm having this same exact prloblem. Just bought the book at Barnes and Noble, brand new. There is no serial number anywhere to be found inside the back cover, inside the front cover, or anywhere in the book!

by jqiang » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:36 am
I have also bought that book from Ebay, when I enter the serial number it also says that it's invalid...Wrote an email and waiting for reply, hope they won't take too long.

by jqiang » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:39 am
Oops, typo, bought the book from amazon not ebay, so it should be brand new

GMAT Instructor

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:46 am
jqiang wrote:Oops, typo, bought the book from amazon not ebay, so it should be brand new
Did you contact customer service using the number or email address inside the book?

by jqiang » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:47 am
Very interesting, just called the number which is for outside the US and received a voice message "Our center is currently closed, please call between monday to friday 9am-9pm..." I'm calling on 2:46pm!