Taking courses outside the MBA program

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750
I would like to take a straw poll of folks who took/plan to take courses outside the MBA program. For example, when I went to Duke, I took courses in my second year next door at the Law School. I had other classmates taking electives in the School of Public Policy. Anyone out there still doing this?
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Followed by:42 members
GMAT Score:740

by Jessica@VeritasPrep » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:59 am
This can be an important consideration when looking at business schools. I went to Chicago Booth and it was easy to take classes in the other graduate schools - many students took public policy and law courses, some also took electives in other schools (including medical and theology!).

I believe this happens more frequently at a school like Booth which has a very flexible curriculum as it can be hard to fit in too many electives if you have more requirements (or progress through your first year with a true cohort, etc.).
Jessica
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

MBA Student
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:690

by salmaan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:15 pm
The Kelley School of Business MBA Program currently offers a Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship in which a student is required to take courses at Indiana University's School of Public and Environmental Affairs (SPEA). SPEA is a very highly ranked graduate program in Public Affairs https://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... s/rankings .
Salmaan
MBA Student at Kelley School of Business, Indiana University

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:650

by rjank » Thu May 19, 2011 12:03 pm
I plan to do this. IIRC McCombs allows you take 6 credits in outside colleges, if you want to take more you might have to make a special arrangement with them.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by anosh123 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:21 am
Hi guys am new here.
Download high quality 1z0-051 exam questions dumps to prepare and pass Testking