Help

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Help

by kulksnikhil » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:04 pm
Hello friends,

I have been preparing for GMAT since last couple of months. I have taken the OG 11, OG verbal and Quant books and Kaplan Premier Program books. But I am having real problems sticking to my preperation.

I have hardly finished OG11 original book. I have completed the Diagonistic test section, Problem Solving section, Data sufficiency section, Critical reasoning and Sentense correction sections... but I have not been able to complete the Reading comprehension section.

I am finding it real difficult to stick to my GMAT preperation by balancing between work and GMAT preperations. I am presently in Seoul South Korea.

Can anybody suggest me some cources/classes that are conducted Seoul in English? Atleast that will help me stick to my GMAT preperations...

I will be very greatful to people who help me....

Please please please help....

thanks,
Nikhil

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:29 pm
Prep classes may be appropriate for folks who have difficulty sticking to their own study plan. Structured courses may be a good alternative at times--certainly not necessary though for scoring well on the GMAT. What are the main factors preventing you from sticking to your own study schedule?

I am not familiar with specific prep courses based in Seoul. Have you thought about online courses, or do you seek an actual classroom environment?
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

RE:Help

by kulksnikhil » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:58 am
Thanks Eric for your reply...
Hmm... I was wondering how much does the environment we are in, while we are preparing for GMAT matters? I am staying in a bachelor accomdation given by my company... and others are not so inclined towards any kind of studies... so I get a lot distracted with other activities than concentrating on GMAT... I tried finding some fellows in Seoul for partnership studies but all in vain...

So I was thinking may be a regular classroom schedule if I can get in to.. then that would help me to dedicate more time GMAT than I am doing now.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:42 am
Thanks for that background information. I see two options for you:

1) If you choose to study on your own, create a strategy of removing yourself from your environment. Is there a library nearby where you can study? Is it possible to find one or two hours each night to study there? Your current 'bachelor' environment definitely does not sound conducive to serious preparation.

2) Go for a prep course. This might be a good alternative for you because (A) it's structured for you, and (B) it will remove you from your distracting home environment. Unfortunately, I can't recommend any specific programs in Seoul because I do not know what exists out there. If you want a 700+ score, I DO NOT recommend Kaplan or Princeton Review--these classes are taylored to people who want to score between 600-700. Try to select something more elite like Manhattan GMAT (I don't know if they are out in Seoul)--it will take some investigating on your part.

Best of luck, and please let us know what you decide!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by kulksnikhil » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:10 pm
beatthegmat wrote:Thanks for that background information. I see two options for you:

1) If you choose to study on your own, create a strategy of removing yourself from your environment. Is there a library nearby where you can study? Is it possible to find one or two hours each night to study there? Your current 'bachelor' environment definitely does not sound conducive to serious preparation.

2) Go for a prep course. This might be a good alternative for you because (A) it's structured for you, and (B) it will remove you from your distracting home environment. Unfortunately, I can't recommend any specific programs in Seoul because I do not know what exists out there. If you want a 700+ score, I DO NOT recommend Kaplan or Princeton Review--these classes are taylored to people who want to score between 600-700. Try to select something more elite like Manhattan GMAT (I don't know if they are out in Seoul)--it will take some investigating on your part.

Best of luck, and please let us know what you decide!

Yep... I thought so !! That's great to know.. I am relieved to know that, I was not wrong about my surroundings... I will make someway to overcome that problem... yes I do visit a library.. but on weekends... got to checkout for night availability...

Thanks again Eric for the help.. Will let you know what I decide...

regards,
Nikhil