Report Post/ Thread option

Have suggestions to improve this community?
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

Report Post/ Thread option

by ajith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:48 am
I would like to have an option to report the thread/post. It could be because of repeating a question without searching, or plain abuse of the rules or for whatever concern. This would help the moderators keep the place a little bit more sane while taking preventive actions like warnings/bans etc.
Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn't expect to be paid back.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by linkinpark » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 am
ajith wrote:I would like to have an option to report the thread/post. It could be because of repeating a question without searching, or plain abuse of the rules or for whatever concern. This would help the moderators keep the place a little bit more sane while taking preventive actions like warnings/bans etc.
Hey Ajith,
Thanks for bringing this topic, actually moderators and many other members are aware of this issue. You can send a pm to moderators regarding such issues with link to the thread for now. I'll convey your point further.

Keep up posting your good replies, I've seen your replies they're nice.

Cheers
530->480->580
when posting a question don't post OA(even masked) before some discussion.

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by ajith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:43 am
linkinpark wrote:
Hey Ajith,
Thanks for bringing this topic, actually moderators and many other members are aware of this issue. You can send a pm to moderators regarding such issues with link to the thread for now. I'll convey your point further.

Cheers
What I am suggesting is a report thread/post button - just like we have "Thanks" button or "Quote" button, which will pop up a form in which details of the problem can be mentioned. It will be easier to use than private messaging and thus will be more effective. It will provide a platform for better moderation.
Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn't expect to be paid back.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:06 am
ajith wrote:
linkinpark wrote:
Hey Ajith,

Cheers
What I am suggesting is a report thread/post button - just like we have "Thanks" button or "Quote" button, which will pop up a form in which details of the problem can be mentioned. It will be easier to use than private messaging and thus will be more effective. It will provide a platform for better moderation.
I don't think it is that serious. After this competition is over those trolls will stop positng and the board will go back to normal.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:44 pm
We have a 'Report Post' feature in our project pipeline, but it's not so high on the list because of other really really cool things we're working on. Hopefully the issues mentioned will subside after the GMAT Giveaway competition concludes this week, per Osirus' point.

Thanks for this heads up though. If this continues to be a big issue for our community, we'll need to move this project up the list sooner.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school