Verbal Game Plan

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Verbal Game Plan

by Vegi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:14 am
Hi All

After going trough all the sources around and with my background of preparing for CAT in 2003(got 92%) , i started preparing for Gmat and planning to give in june.The area of concern for me is only SC where i need to start from basics and conceptual clarity i had a game plan for it ,need your valuable inputs on it

Four Months Plan

First Month: Purely SC
1. Start with MGMAT verbal and then supliment with OG12 and OG Verbal and following this forum for finer inputs.

i want to spend more time here to get confidence and it is critical for higher score where i need to start from scratch.

Second Month:RC and CR (powerscore Bible) along Maths Basics theory brushing up (OG12)

Third Month: Maths (OG12) along with few sets for practice

Fourth Month:Sample tests from various sites and finally give it

i just want to follow only one forum (beatthegmat ) to get other notes,practice sets and tips on various sub topics regularly since its vast resources available on net

Need to your valuble inputs

Vegi
"Hell is the impossibilty of Reason"

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by sumanr84 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:04 am
I think your plan is fine.
As much of the plan one makes depends on one's presumptions about weakness/strength areas. So, just to avoid that presumption,you may also plan to take up a diagnostic test to measure your current strength and where you stand in terms of Verbal and Maths.
Other than that, its perfect !!

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmatmachoman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:09 am
Vegi,

U culd have posted this " strategy " buildup in " GMAT strategy Zone.

Anyways, the game plan looks good. One suggestion is use a excel sheet & timer while solving questions.

by Vegi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:17 am
sumanr84 wrote:I think your plan is fine.
As much of the plan one makes depends on one's presumptions about weakness/strength areas. So, just to avoid that presumption,you may also plan to take up a diagnostic test to measure your current strength and where you stand in terms of Verbal and Maths.
Other than that, its perfect !!
Thanks Suman

yes ,as you said it can be presumption also ,i think Diagnostic test would be ideal to take.
which test do you suggest which can give me a detailed one of it .

Vegi

by Vegi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:22 am
gmatmachoman wrote:Vegi,

U culd have posted this " strategy " buildup in " GMAT strategy Zone.

Anyways, the game plan looks good. One suggestion is use a excel sheet & timer while solving questions.

thanks gmatmachoman

yes as you said i just downloaded the gmat timer from here, i will keep posting for help whenever i am struck in the plan

vegi