680 Q49 V34 (88 percentile) Should I retake?

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

680 Q49 V34 (88 percentile) Should I retake?

by kupaman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:30 pm
I'm so disappointed that I got only 680. I guess two days of studying using Official Guide book wasn't enough. The problem is that the application deadline for the school that I'm applying is Oct. 1, and I only have a week to retake the test if I wanted to. Is it possible for me to raise my score to 750 through a week of studying? Honestly, I don't think the official guide book helped me much.. (maybe I was skimming through it too fast to finish it within 2 days.) Maybe I was overconfident about myself despite studying only for 2 days, but I honestly thought I'd get like 99 percentile in math and like 80 percentile in verbal.. This surely sets me at the borderline at best in the school that I'm applying to..

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members
kupaman wrote:I'm so disappointed that I got only 680. I guess two days of studying using Official Guide book wasn't enough. The problem is that the application deadline for the school that I'm applying is Oct. 1, and I only have a week to retake the test if I wanted to. Is it possible for me to raise my score to 750 through a week of studying? Honestly, I don't think the official guide book helped me much.. (maybe I was skimming through it too fast to finish it within 2 days.) Maybe I was overconfident about myself despite studying only for 2 days, but I honestly thought I'd get like 99 percentile in math and like 80 percentile in verbal.. This surely sets me at the borderline at best in the school that I'm applying to..
It's GMAC's policy that you have to wait at least 31 days before retaking. If you really wish to retake, I would contact your admissions office and see whether they would accept your scores after you've submitted you app--they may accommodate you.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school