Evaluate my profile

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Evaluate my profile

by madbee » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:19 am
Hello Stacy,

i have scored a 700(50Q, 34V) on Gmat yesterday. i would be pleased if you can evaluate my profile and suggest. Here is a brief on my profile:

My work exp(full-time): 8 years by fall'07
my undergraduate GPA:3.0
Here i have a doubt as to whether the work exp in any job counts as work exp for the sake of MBA admissions. And out of the 8 years exp. i have worked full-time for 3 years in a non-executive post while doing my undergraduation through Distance mode. Obviously my GPA was down due to the same reason. Now, can i take the 3 years as work exp. even though i had not attained a degree by then? Does the level of post held affect the weightage given to work exp? thus after finishing my degree i continued in the same job(precisely commercial deptt. of Railways) for another 2.5 years until i have been selected as an officer in Accounts and Audit Department (Government again) in which i have been working since then.The scope of my work in the new job has increased my interest in Finance and an MBA from top 10 b-schools. i have completed my masters too(GPA- 2.8 ) while working full-time.
kindly advise me of the chances of getting into Michigan(Ann Arbor), Tepper and Wharton. Do these b-schools accept 3-year degree?Do i need to apply to any other as a safety school? Please help.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:55 pm
Experience gained prior to obtaining your degree does count. For example, many people go into the military before graduating from undergrad. The military experience is extremely valuable for an MBA app. My concerns are more about the quality of your work experience, your career progression and your undergraduate degree. Because of these things, I do think you should apply to some less competitive schools.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me