650 (Q44, V35) - mixed feelings

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:650

650 (Q44, V35) - mixed feelings

by landroni » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:59 am
Hello everyone,

Today I took the GMAT. Also, today I found out about the existence of this forum. Hence, my writing.

Now, I have mixed feelings. I was targetting for 700. I believe this is more or less a deserved score: I got 530, 610, 650, 610 (AWA on the last ones, once 6 and once 5) on the Princeton Review tests. Then, this week I switched to the GMATPrep. First test gave me .. cannot find my notes (around 630), but the second one 680 (Q47, V37). So I was really hoping for a good test day.

However, I got only 650 (Q44, V35) and fell into the 82 percentile, when I was targetting the 90th. So, now I am thinking. What next? Is it worth it to pass the TOEFL this year.. and start all this application process?

Appart from the non-free "US News and World Report" (that I intend to buy), does anyone know a list of Universities with their respective average GMAT scores? Currently, I'm more interested in PhD programs (especially since I'm not yet qualified for an MBA; no work experience so far). Is there any list in PhD programs (preferably in finance) and with their respective GMAT scores?

Hopeful to receive some answers here. Regards,
Liviu

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:650

by landroni » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:23 am
Hello. Thank you a lot for the link. This is more or less exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,
Liviu